PDA

View Full Version : New

squirell31
03-01-13, 01:28
Hello im Dave im also new on here I've come on here rather than google my symptoms I had a biopsy 3 years ago it came back normal and I was diagnosed with geographic tongue ???? I went back to the doctors not long ago as I had a bit of a cough and I was a bit worried I still had this tongue thing .... anyway I braved the doctors who took one look and said ill refer you back to the hostpital no checkup or anything I waited a few weeks and returned the nurse said "you sound a bit bunged up wait t see what the hostpital says and sent me for a full blood test. The test came back clear and over christmas I have managed to turn myself into a nervous reck, I googled my symptoms what a massive mistake that was I have since had a lump in my throat which ment I couldnt swollow or eat I made my self sick and stopped eating gave up alcohol and smoking and now stuggle to sleep at night because im convinced I have cancer and im going to die it completley ruined mine and my familys christmas but my wife is so supportive she has stayed up with me and has calmed me down every night , I read the post about stress and the lump in your throat which has calmed me down a bit more I think because it lasted so severe for nearly a week I have actualy damaged my throat cus it still hurts now unless im still just making things up my advice to anyone with this type of health anxiety dont google your symptoms ive been to hell and back over christmas and once I've been for my hostpital appointment tomorrow 4/1/13 which will hopefully confirm ive made all these symptoms up n im a nut job im gonna smile inside n never use Dr Google again!!!!! (Please dont take offence to the expression nut job I am only refuring to myself ;) )

Baggs
03-01-13, 09:03
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs