PDA

View Full Version : Guy problem: blood in semen

lofwyr
03-01-13, 06:02
So I had a horrifying experience of some streaks of blood in my semen. I am 42 and there is no chance it is an STD. I had a vasectomy 4 years ago. I of course am freeing out and sure I have bladder or cancer of some kind and am a long way from home right now. I will not be able to make it to a doc until late next week...

Anyone dealt with this?

Thanks

Justinf
03-01-13, 06:54
This isn't an uncommon occurence although I have never experienced it personally.
Could mean a prostate infection. Could be an abrasion in the uretha. It could be an infection in the bladder.
Usually the cause of this resolves in a few days by itself.

Pipkin
03-01-13, 07:09
It's unlikely to be anything serious but it's definitely worth getting it checked out by your GP.

I've moved your thread to male personal issues for you where more people with experience are likely to read it and be able to help.

Pip

lofwyr
03-01-13, 13:31
Thanks, you guys did talk me off the cliff a bit. It will be a week at least before I can see my doctor, and I will check again. It is terrible having this anxiety tied to something that has tradionally been a reducer of tension and stress.

Mark13
03-01-13, 13:54
From reading our own (UKs) NHS guidance, the first paragraph is:

"It's unusual to find blood in your semen when you ejaculate, but try not worry – it is usually only temporary and the cause is rarely anything sinister."

Hope that puts your mind at rest a little.

lofwyr
03-01-13, 16:09
It does actually, thanks. It also seems much more common than I would have thought. Especially since it has never happened to me in 42 years. Thanks again.

bronte
03-01-13, 17:03
my brother had this and was very worried as you proberly noticed we can talk about everything i actually wrote a post about it on here anyway he can still get it from time to time i dont think they found a cause and hes had it about 4 years they did the checks but never found anything to concern them i hope this helps x

lofwyr
03-01-13, 21:48
Again thanks for the reassurance, you guys have definitely helped. In one subsequent episode it was normal again so feeling a bit better but still edgey about it