PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and symptoms back once again?

samtheman
03-01-13, 13:01
It reappeared Christmas eve and has stuck since, I was looking forward to Christmas, was caught up in the hype as usual then Christmas eve a sadness hit me and has developed into that on edge anxious feeling. I feel low now as I never enjoyed Xmas as was to depressed, I never went to relatives as was to anxious, and now its back to work on Monday and I am dreading it, New Year is supposed to be a fresh sheet but all I can think of is another year of this crap and can't find anything positive to look forward to, the future just seems so bleak.

JFlower
03-01-13, 13:07
Sorry to hear your new year hasn't started well. I'm the same - 2013 has, so far, been a mess of anxiety.

Wish I had some advice :(

samtheman
03-01-13, 13:27
Sorry to hear your new year hasn't started well. I'm the same - 2013 has, so far, been a mess of anxiety.

Wish I had some advice :(

At least I'm not alone:hugs:, I've had this crap for 10 years and I have weeks sometimes months where I am fine, you think your getting better then it just hits like a tone of bricks again.

mumo42012
03-01-13, 13:31
I was just saying the same in another post! But I think I'll take it as a blip n drag myself through it! Hopefully it won't last too long! Hope u feel better soon xx

JFlower
03-01-13, 13:35
At least I'm not alone:hugs:, I've had this crap for 10 years and I have weeks sometimes months where I am fine, you think your getting better then it just hits like a tone of bricks again.
Totally agree. Hopefully it will be a good few weeks/months soon.

Have you used any medication to treat it before? Is there anything that (kind of) helps?

samtheman
03-01-13, 13:43
Totally agree. Hopefully it will be a good few weeks/months soon.

Have you used any medication to treat it before? Is there anything that (kind of) helps?

No, I've always been scared of meds, I been prescribed them a couple of times but have been to scared to take them. In the end I get through by reading CBT books and courses.

JFlower
03-01-13, 13:45
No, I've always been scared of meds, I been prescribed them a couple of times but have been to scared to take them. In the end I get through by reading CBT books and courses.
I was terrified of meds before. I had them prescribed a few times before I 'took the plunge'. They're not for everyone though, I'm trying to go without them now too.

Hope this passes for you soon.

samtheman
03-01-13, 13:53
I was terrified of meds before. I had them prescribed a few times before I 'took the plunge'. They're not for everyone though, I'm trying to go without them now too.

Hope this passes for you soon.

And you, I am off on holidays from work, shame holidays can't be enjoyed because of crap like this, will probably life when back at work and I get my routine back, to much free time on hands seems to trigger anxiety, had a similar issue in the summer.

jackie13
03-01-13, 14:20
Sorry you are feeling bad, I am exactly the same, hit me big style yesterday, so scared:( x

blueangel
03-01-13, 14:42
I think part of the problem is just that it's all a really bad time of year. Think about it:

* First of all we are bombarded with expectations about how this Christmas should be the "best one ever" (in every shop and magazine!).

* Then we get all the family stuff, which in itself can be stressful as you are cooped up with people for a lot longer than normal

* Christmas and New Year occur in the northern hemisphere when there is very little daylight, and often poor weather

* Many things shut down for a week, and so there aren't the normal distractions of everyday life as everything is in suspended animation.

It's no wonder people find it all difficult to cope with!!

samtheman
03-01-13, 16:44
I think part of the problem is just that it's all a really bad time of year. Think about it:

* First of all we are bombarded with expectations about how this Christmas should be the "best one ever" (in every shop and magazine!).

* Then we get all the family stuff, which in itself can be stressful as you are cooped up with people for a lot longer than normal

* Christmas and New Year occur in the northern hemisphere when there is very little daylight, and often poor weather

* Many things shut down for a week, and so there aren't the normal distractions of everyday life as everything is in suspended animation.

It's no wonder people find it all difficult to cope with!!

Very true, November/December were dark depressing months, but the lights and decorations and with Christmas coming and the excitement that goes with that I for one was on a high and anxiety never raised its head. The bang its over in a flash and its back down to earth with a thump. I was in the mall today and Santa grotto was still there, it made me rather sad to be honest, a few weeks ago it was all lit up and alive with activity full of children looking to see Santa, now its just sitting there looking out of place, all the fun is over for another year and me personally I can't think of any positives for Jan or Feb for that matter, March spring is on the way but even that doesn't excite me to much either.

Woodpecker1956
03-01-13, 17:59
I have suffered with severe anxiety and depression for the last six months, just changed from sertraline back to citalpram which I had been on before but unwisely decided a change was needed. Had the worst Christmas ever, felt lower than I have ever felt in my life, glad new year is here. Am finding this one s real battle and hard to cope, every time it comes back I think I will not be able to face it but somehow I do.