PDA

View Full Version : Everywhere i look i see stories about what i think ive got!

jammadchez
03-01-13, 17:33
Oh my dear everywhere I look I see stories is magazines with people with lymphoma! is it just me or does anyone else see this as a 'SIGN' that theyve got it :( Need to get out of this thinking :(

almamatters
03-01-13, 18:03
Yes I can relate, whatever illness I am currently worrying about, seems to be on the TV in magazines, papers etc. I'm sure it is just coincidence but when you have Health Anxiety, your mind has a habit of running away with you. Does not help that my sister has started saving me the health pages every week from the newspaper. I imagine she thinks she is being helpful but she really is not!! :flowers:

JustBenn
03-01-13, 19:00
Oh my dear everywhere I look I see stories is magazines with people with lymphoma! is it just me or does anyone else see this as a 'SIGN' that theyve got it :( Need to get out of this thinking :(

I can defiantly relate, it nearly always happens to me,
I see it, when I randomly type up symptoms which has got nothing to do with the illness im worrying about, and I see it, which freaks me out, But I don't really care anymore, if it was a sign, it would have happen by now,
I see it on tv aswell,

Don't worry about it,

mrs way to worried
03-01-13, 20:07
happens to me all the time everytime i turn tv over its a mcmillian advert ,whenever i look at a poster its a mcmillian poster i watch this tv screen at doctors and its the advert got questions about cancer i swear it follows me lol

sarahsarah
03-01-13, 20:16
Yes, I often diagnose myself with cancer based on the most tenuous of symptoms and the one I diagnose myself with more than all the others put together is lymphoma. Why? Because the main symptoms of lymphoma are often said to be "vague" and "unspecific" or "general feeling of unwellness" so even if I feel quite well, I can still link it all to lymphoma, especially when I go round prodding every part of me looking for bumps.

It doesn't help that almost every day I read in the papers about (for example) almost half of us will get cancer, stories of missed cancer diagnoses etc. I used to enjoy reading the cheapie women's weeklies like Chat and Take a Break etc and doing the puzzles in them but I just had to stop buying them as they were sending my HA into overdrive with all the cancer stories.

So basically I can sympathise with you loads xxx

mrs way to worried
03-01-13, 20:25
im the same i cant read them either i used to love them

nj
03-01-13, 22:18
When I was going through my ALS panic, I would see cars driving around all the time with the letters ALS on the side. American Livery Service.

cattia
03-01-13, 22:33
Oh yes, this happens to me too, I will see a word that has just a few of the same letters and read it as the name of an illness when In reality it has nothing at all to do with it! I suppose it shoss just how ficqted pur unconscious as well as our conscious minds are on our worries.

jammadchez
04-01-13, 09:07
I think Im going to stop buying these chat, take a break type mags they always set me off worrying about new things!!!

ricardo
04-01-13, 10:02
Unfortunately it's part of the package that comes from having health anxiety.

As you can see jamma you are not alone in your thinking.

I can't watch anything to do with operations,adverts or if I hear of someone who is seriously ill I begin to feel the symptoms that produced that illness myself.

Not sure if i have got this bit right but it's like when you see a bright yellow car you continuosly start looking to see if you can see another one.