PDA

View Full Version : Went to the Notting Hill Carnival!

clickaway
28-08-06, 22:17
Just decided to make the trip last evening, and I said to myself "Yes, I can do it!"

It means a 30 minute train journey, then another train and then quite a walk before you get the area. The carnival takes over a whole suburb of west London and you can never see it all, and there is quite a bit of walking once you get to the area. There's a lot of activity and loud thumping music, so is not exactly a relaxation tape:D

I did go in 2004 and followed some of the procession, but this time I took to different streets and saw some of the street parties and in many ways this was better.

The funny thing was I was calm all afternoon, but walking back from the carnival to the bus and on to Clapham Junction was hard and I was shaking a lot for that part.

I am OK as I write this, and OK I may be crap tomorrow but I just went and enjoyed myself. Yay!

Thanks to Kairen for the chat last night; you helped loads pet. [8D]

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

jodie
28-08-06, 22:30
hi ray

i think this is realy good you havent given in to panic and had a good day brill
well done

jodie x

Piglet
28-08-06, 22:40
You are marvellous Ray mate, absolutely marvellous!!!

Big well done!!:D:D

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

manmoor
29-08-06, 00:20
Wow Ray well done to you. Bet your really pleased with yourself.

Take Care

Mandyxx

polly daydream
29-08-06, 00:56
That's great news Ray, well done you, glad you had a good time.

Take care,

Polly x

trac67
29-08-06, 13:50
Ray,

Well done hun, so glad you went and had a good time, and hope your feeling ok today.

Love

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Trev
29-08-06, 14:41
Good for you Ray. That's the spirit! :D

Cheers,
Trev :D

dizzyd
29-08-06, 17:57
Ray, that is fantastic news - well done to you. Many people take freedom for granted but you know I think that when you have suffered as we have done, freedom 'tastes' fantastic!
It's a lomg time since I met you in the 'pub' when you used to water those lovely pots - remember?! It's good to hear you are doing well.
Love Dawn x

honeybee3939
29-08-06, 18:03
Lovely news Ray !!:D

WELL DONE!

glad you enjoyed it, you are a inspiration to us !

Love

Andrea
xxx

nomorepanic
29-08-06, 19:33
Ray

What fab news to read.

Well done on taking that challenge and facing it

Good one mate.

x

Nicola

kairen
29-08-06, 20:33
glad to hear you had a good day,
one thing i will say is try not to tell yourself tomorow i might feel bad, as your then sending a message to your brain saying oh well its ok if i feel crap tmrw as i knew i would,

Try more positive thoughts oh i had such a good day, didnt i do well i really enjoyed it, and tomorrow im just going to get up say oh im going to look at all those lovely photos i took and remember what a good day i had,

thanks for the lovely text xxx

kairen x

Southern_Belle
30-08-06, 00:36
Hi Ray,

What a great post! I think it is wonderful how you took so many different types of transportation (which can be stressful in itself) just to get there and back. Then you faced all the activity and noise while there. I think this is a great achievement and I'm glad as you wrote your post that you were felt okay. Hope you had a good time while you were there.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

clickaway
30-08-06, 01:08
Just to say Thank You for all your posts. I hope I have inspired some others as they ponder their own mini-adventures which to us are rather more than mini.

Bel: Catching a train and bus is no big deal when you are travelling within this huge place we call London, so I'm well used to it. However, after waiting a lot longer expected for my no. 295 bus, three came along at once all displaying "Not in Service" on the front lol. But salvation soon appeared...

Cheers,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

heths
30-08-06, 12:35
Hi Ray,

I think that's a great achievement. Well Done,

Heather x

tammyg
30-08-06, 18:23
Well done Ray, that is an amazing achievement!

Lovely to read.

Tammy x

Alexandra
03-09-06, 22:49
Hi Ray

Well done hun im really proud of you.

I bet your so chuffed with yourself with your achievement.

Take care

Alex

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

Karen
03-09-06, 23:50
Just caught up on this Ray. Well done for going and I am so glad you enjoyed yourself.

It is great to read about you getting out and about to events like this again.

Karen

I love you in place where there's no space or time
I love you for in my life you are a friend of mine
And when my life is over remember when we were together
We were alone and I was singing this song for you

~The Carpenters~

pips
06-09-06, 11:21
Good On ya Ray,

A BIG WELL DONE.

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X