PDA

View Full Version : anal fissure/piles? normal?

vindrea
04-01-13, 08:32
Hi all

A while ago before xmas i had an anal fissure i believe from eating peanuts

Then today i went to the toilet and it hurt and there is fresh blood

Now im terrified - any advice please? x

Justinf
04-01-13, 10:01
Fresh blood is usually the 'good' blood.
I wouldn't concerned.
Check your next BM and the subsequent ones, as I am sure you will, and I think you will find they will be free from blood.

Annie0904
04-01-13, 10:35
Anal fissures can take a while to heal and often you think it is ok then it is worse again. They do hurt a lot as well. You can get gel from the doctor but it gives terrible headaches. Wheatgerm oil is very good to help it heal.

Elle-Kay
04-01-13, 11:02
As Annie said, anal fissures can take some time to heal - into weeks rather than days sometimes, depending on your diet particularly (if you are constipated you can re-split the healing area by straining to 'go', so the NHS advice is to eat a fibre-rich diet for a while). Also as Justin said you don't need to be concerned about 'fresh', red blood.

Button1
04-01-13, 11:20
I'm dealing with this at the moment- I went to my doctor and he found a cut inside my rectum which he is confident is causing the bleeding. Try not to worry but get checked if it will help your peace of mind

vindrea
04-01-13, 16:25
thanks for your replies, im not as worried now xxx

squeek2211
19-01-13, 19:24
I have had Amal fissures for 7 years plus, I have had an operation on them but often depending on my diet they open up again for few weeks and bleed a d itch like crazy, I have to take daily meds to help its terribly painful and irritating but nothing to worry over.