PDA

View Full Version : starting college!!! help!!!

tiger16
29-08-06, 00:22
Hi everyone! Im starting college in just under 2 weeks and i have a big phobia of illness!!! I was just wondering if anyone had any advice cos I know as soon as I get in that class full of people i'm going to wanna head straight for the door! How do I stay there????!!!!

polly daydream
29-08-06, 00:41
Hi, once you get in that class room you won't have time to think about being ill or running out, you will make lot's of new mates and will have loads of fun, just go in there and enjoy it. I went back to college last year for one year and was extremly worried but once I settled in, it was the best choice I made and I passed the course and got my certificate, be positive and you will get there to.

Take care,

Polly

tiger16
29-08-06, 00:44
thanx polly, it's just so scary thinking I find it so hard leaving the house now and in a couple of weeks I have to go out 5days a week and be around stangers!!!!!!!

polly daydream
29-08-06, 00:52
Believe me you will be fine and they won't be strangers for long, they will become your friends who will help you get through, especially bad times. Just focus on your course and think what you will achieve at the end of it. What are you studying?

Polly

tiger16
30-08-06, 00:54
I'm studying media studies, law and english. I'm 18 so I'm starting later than all my friends. I'm scared that everyone will think I'm mental if they find out about my problems!