PDA

View Full Version : night panic

giagia
04-01-13, 11:37
I just joined this forum...I had the craziest night panic attack I have ever had. It was pretty much the worse one I have ever had. I jumped up from sleep and woke up my partner freaking out telling him to call 911 because I was dying. My legs were buckling and I started running around the house. My heart was racing and I have never been that scared before. I took two Mental Calmness pills and started to try and convince myself that it was just an attack. Well its been 45 min and I am finally starting to feel normal again. I feel exhausted and still kinda scared to try and go back to sleep. I dont want to have another one, I know I probably wont. Its all in mind right!

G

notsobubblychick
05-01-13, 14:53
Hiya

Panick Attacks are the most horrible thing I've experienced - I was very ill some years ago with PA's happening for a whole weekend, both day and night, previously had just been the odd one at night.

I had a brilliant doctor and presented to him on the Monday in an absolutely desperate state - having not slept for 3 whole nights - being too scared. I'm not into taking medication but knew I needed something to help this nightmare. He came me Diazepam to get something into my system quickly. Then I went on Citalopram for many months after. I also had Cognitive Behaviour Therapy many months after that and thankfully am ok at the moment. I still suffer with anxiety and the odd panic, expecially if I'm unwell as I live alone so get into a state. I get panicky in supermarket queues, traffic jams and when flying as I suffer with claustrophobia also.

I feel that my panic attacks happened as a result of many traumatic experiences in the past and my body had had enough and just was like a volcano erupting, but a long time after the events. So its not good bottling things up.

Hope my message helps - what you have experienced is normal - I regularly had to go outside and walk down my drive, as was worried no-one would see me in my house if anything happened. Sounds daft, but its how I coped.

Take Care
Bubbly from UKxxx

Baggs
05-01-13, 15:09
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs