PDA

View Full Version : Made the mistake of Google again

nj
04-01-13, 11:53
I made the mistake of Googling something not really thinking anything bad would come of it (male related) and of course it popped up another symptom related to my heart disease fear. It seems all the stuff I keep seeing keep adding up to within 5 years I'm due for a heart attack!

I can't remember the last time my panic was this high. I'm starting to lose sleep over this.

Annie0904
04-01-13, 11:56
Never trust google! If you are concerned about something, see your doctor. Google can't see you to examine you, your doctor can. :hugs:

panickyme
04-01-13, 11:59
I know how you feel, you are not alone. I always worry about heart issues, drives me crazy!!!!!! Hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

nj
04-01-13, 12:05
I'm just awaiting my new insurance to kick in so I'm in doctor limbo. I'm going the second I am able as I'm long overdue for my annual.

I should have known better than to Google, but I never thought what I was looking at would just add more fire to my heart fear.

panickyme
04-01-13, 12:09
There is nothing like that no insurance feeling. (been there done that also) You will feel so much better after a check up, and no more google!!!!!!!!!!:)

Annie0904
04-01-13, 12:09
I am sure Dr Google has just told you a whole load of rubbish! :hugs:

Pann
04-01-13, 12:28
I think we tend to only take the bad news from google seriously, I know that's what I use to do so stopped using it.

Thank God for the NHS.

nj
04-01-13, 12:34
I'm not sure how much of what I have is age related (late 40s). Every even relatively minor thing now has me thinking of maybe it is advancing heart disease. My last annual 2 years ago showed borderline high cholesterol. I've noticed my resting heart rate anywhere between 75-85 though at times it feels like my heart is beating really hard.

I don't doubt that I could do some more things to take care of myself. I have over the last month or so started to eat as good as I can and walk a lot (I'm up to 2+ miles a day depending on the weather).

I have had 3 friends who have had heart attacks in the last year. I don't want to be #4. I just hope what I'm doing now is not too late to undo any damage I may have had.

panickyme
04-01-13, 12:41
Omg nj you sound like me, I am in my 40's as a matter of fact 46 on the 17th. I lost a friend to a heart attack, and another had a heart attack but is fine. This hit way to close to home, both of these friends were life long friends, and since that it has sent me threw a loop. (I say if it can happen to them, it could happen to me, and they were not anxious like me) It stinks, and it's scary. We just have to start to think more positive, and hope it works!!!!!!! :hugs:

Annie0904
04-01-13, 12:52
nj I don't think your heart rate is anything to worry about at all. You seem to be doing all the right things to avoid a heart attack. I guess having friends who have heart attacks has made you more anxious about it. My husband has had 2 heart attacks and has had stents inserted. he is now fit and healthy and working full time even though he is retiring age.

nj
04-01-13, 13:00
Maybe I don't fear the heart rate as much as that feeling that my heart is pumping hard, like it's struggling to keep up.

The weird thing is when I do my walking I never feel better.

I hate being over-aware of body sensations.