PDA

View Full Version : Legs don't seem to work properly

dez
04-01-13, 17:24
Whenever I walk more than 100 yards or so my thighs stiffen up and I can't seem to walk properly. It's a nightmare. I can't walk down a street without having to concentrate on keeping going. It's making my life an absolute misery.
It's like the nerves in my legs are effected and they're not doing what I want them to.
I'm on Citalopram 20mg, diazapam and have been taking Nurofen Plus. I know it's a bad combination, but I will do ANYTHING to feel better and normal. I've got a 6 year old daughter and really need to be OK for her.

Anyone else have any feelings like this.

Baggs
04-01-13, 19:50
Hi Dez,
The first anything to do is ditch the diazepam and Nurofen. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

Annie0904
04-01-13, 20:07
If you really need to take painkillers then paracetamol is best to take. Nurofen plus contains ibuprofen and codeine which both interact with diazepam and citalopram.

dez
05-01-13, 11:31
I've stopped the diazapam today, I'll wait a week or so before stopping the nurofen, as that's harder to stop and I don't want to do both at once as that would be horendous.

Baggs
05-01-13, 12:01
Well done

dez
07-01-13, 11:30
WELL THAT LASTED TWO DAYS BEFORE i WAS HAVING OUT OF BODY EXPERIENCES. I'LL TRY STOPPING THE NUROFEN FIRST I THINK.

Baggs
07-01-13, 11:50
I was actually impressed when you agreed so readily to my suggestions. I know it's hard, I was addicted to diazepam. I wish you good luck.

dez
11-01-13, 15:20
I've given up Nurofen plus (which has been dreadful) - off it for 4 days now, but my legs still feel weak after about 100 yards - stiffen up. It's really starting to frighten me now.