PDA

View Full Version : Worried about heart

Kasperhm
04-01-13, 18:30
Hi folks.
First off let me start by wishing you a happy new year:)
Today I had this weird sensation as if my heart was skipping a beat or making an extra powerful beat. It felt really strange and freaked me out a bit as I could feel it in my chest and my back or shoulder area. It can best be described as if one is startled or chocked, the heart beats and it feels a bit choking in a way.
Anyway, it freaked me out and I called my GP who said it was not anything serious, however, I was very worried as I have recently lost one of my best friends who died due to a blood clog in the lungs. Sorry if this seems like a strange post but I just needed to share it with somebody.

Best regards
- Kasper

fruity
04-01-13, 21:52
Hi folks.
First off let me start by wishing you a happy new year:)
Today I had this weird sensation as if my heart was skipping a beat or making an extra powerful beat. It felt really strange and freaked me out a bit as I could feel it in my chest and my back or shoulder area. It can best be described as if one is startled or chocked, the heart beats and it feels a bit choking in a way.
Anyway, it freaked me out and I called my GP who said it was not anything serious, however, I was very worried as I have recently lost one of my best friends who died due to a blood clog in the lungs. Sorry if this seems like a strange post but I just needed to share it with somebody.

Best regards
- Kasper
yes ii have that

Nico
04-01-13, 23:53
Don't worry I get that the whole time, my heart can be beating normally and then suddenly really heavily. It is very common with anxiety and my Doctor said it was almost definatly that. As for you friend I am sorry, but with health anxiety it is easy to take on symptoms of what you fear, for instance I also feared a blood clot in my lungs which brought on chest pains which made my fear worse.
I am not a doctor but I hope I helped :)

nomorepanic
04-01-13, 23:59
Hi and :welcome:

Try this:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/palpitations/

Kasperhm
05-01-13, 13:47
Thank you so much for the replies.
It really helps a lot to hear that it is a normal symptom of HA.

All the best
- Kasper