PDA

View Full Version : Emet with watery mouth - scared

Angelai
04-01-13, 20:11
Hi, am really scared right now :weep: I have severe emetophobia, and I've got a really watery mouth. I didn't feel sick to begin with, but now I've got myself in a state and panicking and feel a bit queasy - probably from anxiety but who knows??

The watery mouth when you're going to be sick is right before it happens, yeah? Like when you already feel so ill that you know it's going to happen?

I HATE this phobia.

legaleagle
04-01-13, 20:59
Get some deep breaths going. Sip some water.get a brown paper bag and breathe into it.open a window.do something to distract yourself, anything but think about this stuff.
Believe me I understand this feels so real for you, but don't let it win x

legaleagle
06-01-13, 18:59
Howre you doing today?? X

Angelai
07-01-13, 08:58
Thank you, you're so right about distraction! I've been a mess with the anxiety (more so than normal) and yes, sometimes we just need to break the cycle by doing something.

It passed, as it has before. Funny, but when I actually think about it, it starts again :wacko: So, the lesson is - don't think about it! Easier said than done, but I have other things to worry myself over now.

xx

Tessar
07-01-13, 09:13
Thank you, you're so right about distraction! I've been a mess with the anxiety (more so than normal) and yes, sometimes we just need to break the cycle by doing something.

It passed, as it has before. Funny, but when I actually think about it, it starts again :wacko: So, the lesson is - don't think about it! Easier said than done, but I have other things to worry myself over now.

xx
that's a really positive outcome Angelai. I try to think about it like.... if someone who was all itchy and scratching in front of you, before long you start to itch too.... I know it's not easy to accomplish, but you're on the right lines so Well Done.

PanchoGoz
07-01-13, 11:00
I get this when (A) I think about something sour like Sherbert lemons and (B) when I have a cold coming on. The latter is due to your throat being hot due to a raised temperature and therefore your body sending down lots of saliva in a bid to cool it down. DISCLAIMER that may not be proven scientifically but it makes sense!

Angelai
07-01-13, 12:22
Thanks for your replies, this site is such a great help to me.

I feel generally 'off' and have done for weeks - anxiety, hormones, poor diet... All of these 'little' things seem so much worse when you're not yourself any way, don't they?

Yeah, I'm sick. Of myself :wacko:

Rls1994
11-01-13, 20:05
I know what you mean. I get this occasionally too. But what irritates the life out of me these days is that I'm CONSTANTLY feeling deathly nauseous! I'm getting so sick of it I felt like jumping off a bridge the other day because of it. No matter how much I distract myself, it's still there.. It's getting worse and I swear one day I'm just going to v*, that's the day I'm really dreading and it's scary because I don't know when it's going to happen!