PDA

View Full Version : new to site

steve
29-08-06, 10:09
Hi everyone,
I'm 40 years have been a suffer of anxity depression since 1995. My fears are Open spaces, Motorway travel,Heights, boat travel, some train stations ie busy ones like clapham juntion, Undergrounds,sitting in cars at traffic jams, I tend to avoid these things if i can. I get unwanted thoughts in my head sometimes like im going to freck out but never have. Have used booze in the past to help me get through things but the next day im 10 times worse. Anyone else get that? I have not been on a plane since 1995 as my troubles started while in the cannries. I hate my life & dont think i'll ever get back to my old self. I have pressure on my head most of the time. Thats all i can think of at the moment

Steve

susie
29-08-06, 10:16
hi steve and a big welcome to the forum we all suffer in different ways its not nice is it i know but you done the right thing in jouining this forum, pepole are all very friendly and you will get some good advice best wishes sue

steve
29-08-06, 10:19
Thanks Sue,
Reading through the forum will keep my busy the next few days.

jackie
29-08-06, 10:21
STEVE AS YOU CAN PROBABLY SEE YOU ARE NOT ALONE WITH YOUR FEARS

YES THE ANXIETY THING CAN BE WORSE WITH DRINK YOUR NOT ALONE THERE

GLAD YOU FOUND THE SITE

JACKIE

nicjay
29-08-06, 10:31
Hi Steve

A big warm welcome to you. I can relate to a lot of your problems as i too don't travel many places for fear of having an attack. As you will see on this forum you are not alone and will find lots of useful information and if you need extra support you can always come into the chat room in the evening to have a natter.

Nicola
xxx
:D

steve
29-08-06, 11:02
YES THE ANXIETY THING CAN BE WORSE WITH DRINK YOUR NOT ALONE THERE

Hi Jackie,

For years I have been on & off booze. The longest i gave up for was this year 3 & a half months. I try to keep off it if i can but sometimes I think sod its lets get ******. When I do go out on a big night & drinks loads I have a really great time & all my worries & anxity goes away & I feel I can face the situations i avoid. But the next day is hell. I dont leave my house unless i have too & have a few cans just to get rid of the anxity feelings & unwanted thoughts. Last drink i had was over a week ago & that was 2 glasses of wine [8D]

steve
29-08-06, 11:07
[quote]Hi Steve

A big warm welcome to you. I can relate to a lot of your problems as i too don't travel many places for fear of having an attack.
Nicola
xxx
:D

Thanks Nicola,
I did manage to go to spain this summer for my 40th first time out of the uk in 11 years but I had to do something to mark my 40th. I did go by train tho lol. I guess I should be proud I even did that tho plus I managed 2 or 3 nights with no booze so not bad. Thing is tho now a few friends want to go there next may but by plane!!!!

honeybee3939
29-08-06, 11:08
Hi Steve and welcome

Your definatley not alone with you fears, im good avoiding all the same sittuations you fear too!

Im sure you will find alot of support here, i used to drink alchol also made me feel alot better, but like you say the next day i wished i hadnt.

I have been doing real well lately with the help of this forum, im sure it will help you also.

Love

Andrea
xxx

matilda
29-08-06, 11:39
Hi i am new on this too and i think it helps to know your not alone!!! Good luck.

manmoor
29-08-06, 12:50
Hi Steve,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

kirgray
29-08-06, 12:51
Hi Steve

Welcome aboard!! Hope you find lots of good advice!!.

I find drink relaxes me aswell, but the next day twice as bad yes!. I try to avoid it as much as poss.

Take care

Kirsty:D

Granny Primark
29-08-06, 13:03
Hi steve,
Ahuge welcome to this brilliant site.
Youl get loads of help, advice,support and encouragment from this site.
Glad you managed to celebrate your birthday in spain. Even if you could only manage to get there by train it was a huge achievement and you should be so proud of yourself.
As regards the drink i really do think it makes things so much worse. I dont avoid it completely but just have the occassional lager and lime. Everything in moderation is my best tip.
I really hope this site gives you as much help as its given me over the last few months.

Take care
LYNN

giddy
29-08-06, 13:24
Hi Steve - welcome to the forum
love Helen

trac67
29-08-06, 13:29
Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

jodie
29-08-06, 14:48
hi steve

welcome to the forum hope we all can help you

jodie

mad_shell66
29-08-06, 16:20
hi steve, welcome to no more panic. i hope you can find all the information you need off this site. the people are great and will support you alot
shell

yorkylover
29-08-06, 17:33
Welcome to the forum Steve,Im new to.Everyone on here are brilliant.:D

Ellen XX

clickaway
29-08-06, 17:44
Welcome aboard, Steve.

You are certainly not alone in your fears. My anxiety goes when I am with friendly people, and its the pleasant distraction and safety of such souls that brings relief. And you don't need to overindulge get that.

Take Care,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Lindalou64
29-08-06, 17:51
Hi Steve.....
I can relate to everything you said with your phobias.......ive had the agraphbia for 17 yrs im 42...but it has got better.....i used booze alot in the beginning of my wonderful disorder.....i would have to have at least a six pack to even go to store and so on....i havent had a drink in 13 yrs tho cause it did make it 10 times worse the next day.....its an awful feeling i know but we can beat this.try just small steps.you will get there and dont beat yaself up like i did sometimes still do it only makes ya feel bad.........the best to ya...Linda[8D]

nomorepanic
29-08-06, 19:03
Hi Steve

Welcome aboard.

I can relate to the driving and jams issue. I can give you loads of posts if you want.

Nicola

Clare_63
29-08-06, 19:28
Hi Steve

Welcome to NMP - Im like you where traffic jams are concerned

Take care

Clare :)

Obstacles are those horrible things you see when you take your mind off your goals (",)

steve
30-08-06, 21:44
Evening Peeps,
Only just logged on tonight. Thank you so much for all your messages of support & stuff, It's nice to know that there are people out there who can understand how awfull it is to suffer with anxity & panic attacks. I look forward to getting to know more about you all & your problems & maybe even help others too if i can.

Steve xx

jackie
31-08-06, 16:01
look forward to getting to know your story steve, any help would be welcome too

jackie