PDA

View Full Version : Fever worry have you ever..

MissSunshine
04-01-13, 21:58
..had a fever as high as 40? what do you do to keep it down?

Hello all since new years day i have been ill.
I have suspected viral infection (tonsillitis)and im on penicillin.
Every day I have been getting a fever and only paracetamol brings it down

mainly at night it gets high last night it went to 40
I rang NHS direct and answered all the questions, she did calm me down, i and said to take some more paracetamol and in adults when it gets to 40 thats ok even tho its high she said its just my body doing its job. Its only dangerous when medication doesnt bring it down and its dangerous in babies.
This calmed me down..however I stil panic.

like now my temp just went up to 39.5 and i felt so hot my anxiety made me go bright red.

I just would like to know if you have ever had a high fever and what you do to bring it down... please dont say anything to scare me im in a very low place at the min and would appricate some advise xx

fruity
04-01-13, 22:54
..had a fever as high as 40? what do you do to keep it down?

Hello all since new years day i have been ill.
I have suspected viral infection (tonsillitis)and im on penicillin.
Every day I have been getting a fever and only paracetamol brings it down

mainly at night it gets high last night it went to 40
I rang NHS direct and answered all the questions, she did calm me down, i and said to take some more paracetamol and in adults when it gets to 40 thats ok even tho its high she said its just my body doing its job. Its only dangerous when medication doesnt bring it down and its dangerous in babies.
This calmed me down..however I stil panic.

like now my temp just went up to 39.5 and i felt so hot my anxiety made me go bright red.

I just would like to know if you have ever had a high fever and what you do to bring it down... please dont say anything to scare me im in a very low place at the min and would appricate some advise xx
plenty fluids,paracetamol

Annie0904
04-01-13, 22:57
The same as Fruity has said, you need to drink plenty of fluids, fruit juice or water and take paracetamol. You could also cool a wet face cloth in the freezer or fridge and put it on your forehead.

MissSunshine
04-01-13, 23:00
Thank you for your advise! I just get so scared about fevers. never had any that have been this high x