PDA

View Full Version : Very scared. Genuinely feel like i've reached the end

coldwater
04-01-13, 22:55
I've struggled for 7/8 years with anxiety panic attacks and I genuinely 100 percent feel i cannot do this anymore. All my motivation to go on has gone, all my safety mechanisms and fall backs have failed or been taken away. Im scared about what i might do next. I know in my heart that i cant take this anymore. Needed to just write something out.

needhelp1
04-01-13, 23:01
No this is not true. U get your life back 100percent . Don't give up

nomorepanic
04-01-13, 23:02
Please go back to basics and read this it will help...

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/firststeps/

Baggs
04-01-13, 23:04
I've just read a few of your posts and you need help, you don't have to do this alone. I am in the chatroom right now and will be happy to talk to you.

Baggs

Col
05-01-13, 00:08
Hi, it's sounds like your exhausted from the continous cycle of panic/ anxiety.
Yep, do as the admin says & Baggs is great guy for advice, do keep chatting & getting all worries off your chest.
It's funny life , it does go on & we move on with it , even if we think we can't !

Takecare

Roxy79
05-01-13, 00:17
:hugs:

paula lynne
05-01-13, 00:19
Have you read Susan Jeffers "Feel the Fear" (and do it anyway).....? Ive still got a battered tape of it, a lifesaver. Ive had panic/anx/agoraphobia for nearly 13 years....and the moment I stopped fighting it, and accepted it, my recovery began. I know its exhausting, I know you are at your wits end, but get the book/cd, and like Admin say, go back to basics and re-read everything about why you are feeling like that. I wish you a speedy recovery, dont give up.

We have 3 choices....give up, give in, or give it all youve got xxx

notsobubblychick
05-01-13, 14:43
Try to be positive - as its a New Year why not see this as a beginning - not the opposite.

Life is very tough at times, and that seems to be now for yourself.

There is lots of help available, sometimes its a matter of being pointed in the right direction.

If you go to your GP and explain exactly how you are feeling - being perfectly honest and upfront with your GP - I'm sure he/she will be able to help you.

Have you tried counselling or as mentioned by someone else, CBT? Ive done both in the past and would recommend them to everyone. You have nothing to lose and its a step in the right direction.

Good Luck!

coldwater
05-01-13, 19:42
The thing is I can't accept the way I am because there is something wrong. I feel like my thoughts aren't mine. I feel like my mind is racing all day everyday. I can never sleep. I feel like i cant cope with it anymore. My life is in tatters, I just want to stop feeling ill and scared all the time. What frightens me the most is that it gets worse and worse not better. I see no point in trying to be positive anymore, ive tried cbt, meds most things. I dont think i would ever do something terrible but I do feel like im am being pushed closer and closer to the edge. I plan to go see my dr this week. thanks for letting me get this off my chest. I think anybody who has felt TRUE terror will understand what I mean. every minute of every day is hellish for me. I am in a complete state and so frightened.

Col
05-01-13, 21:41
i can relate, when i started with panic nearly 2 years ago, i had ALL the text book symptoms. i thought i was lucky having hot flush, faint collapose, disorientation panic attacks and NOT the breathing issue then, within days that (cant breath) hit me like a bus! my panic/anxiety down to doing too much for too long and enormous family issues over 10 years!!!

I went out with my dad he drove and i felt like i couldnt feel my entire body! i remember stamping my feet on the floor of the car, in sheer terror! i also was at uni when this all started and everything came to a head. Walking to uni one morning, i had an enormous , overwhelming feeling of collapse and i didnt know what to do. i saw a stranger getting out of his car and i asked this stranger, to give me a lift back to my car, as i felt like i was gonna drop down dead and felt like id lost control. Thats how bad i was. i ended up quitting my post graduate teaching course, i went from not seeing my kids because they were in nursey/school clubs all day, everyday because i was out , to becoming a recluse! i was terrified absolutly scared to death id have a panic attack again. i only could manage school run, a 4 minute drive up the road. that was an absolute nightmare in itself. SO i can really empathise, with the feeling of utter terror!!! people use the term, 'sheer terror' to loose , when youve experienced it, its debilitating and the longer these feelings persist, its soul destroying.

keep your head up, keep trying it will improve:winks: