PDA

View Full Version : Bulging veins

Nick2
05-01-13, 11:16
yesterday I noticed that my arm was losing fat
now this morning my veins are really prominent on one arm, the other arm is fine
all the way down the inside of my arm. its freaking me out bigtime, anyone offer any advice?
I read that its a sign of losing fat on the arm, is that true, if so whatever is affecting me is happening really quick

Nico
05-01-13, 11:20
I don't know about loosing fat but I get visible veins sometimes and red hands due to lack of circulation due to anxiety.

Arnie365
05-01-13, 11:40
Hi Nick

Not sure but my veins always bulge after a work out and exercise because they come up to the surface for more oxygen.

Also, could you have lay on your arm? This can get the veins up just like using a tourniquet to take bloods.

Tessar
05-01-13, 13:28
i generally associate veins being visible as a healthy thing because it does mean there's less fat there. I know that sometimes one side they can be more pronounced - e.g if you are right handed & favour that hand for things like tennis etc, then naturally it would be better formed. If you think of top athletes & some people who are naturally "fit", then its totally normal for their veins to show.

Nick2
05-01-13, 14:57
thanks
I didnt lie on it thats why its freaking me out its been like it all day so far, was fine yesterday
my right arm is fine no veins prominent at all but the left one which when I tensed my muscles yesterday I seemed to be losing muscle or fat on them is the one where you can see them
strange its okay on one but not the other one.