PDA

View Full Version : help me please

Dreamer49
05-01-13, 11:33
i can no longer stand how i feel when i get up in the morning. i've been on sertraline for over seven weeks now - 100mg. - and by the pm i'm feeling better, but the mornings are horrendous . has anyone else suffered this? i'm really at my wits' end, i feel so scared and alone in this. i 've spoken to a dr who thinks i should stick at it, and she got me an appt with the dr who put me on sert for next wednesday ,but i feel i'm hanging over the edge of a cliff by my fingers now. please give me some advice, comfort, hope - i really need support. thanks:weep:

Baggs
05-01-13, 12:19
Hi Dreamer,
I know it's hard but you may be almost there. Some meds take a couple of months to work, so don't give up just before the miracle happens.

Baggs xxx

Dreamer49
05-01-13, 13:31
thanks baggs. you are such a kind and positive man. it really does help chatting or sendind these posts to you - even reading your posts to others is helpful. thanks again.

wazza
05-01-13, 17:15
I hate waking up in the mornings too. I have a moment of peace, then it all comes crashing back in. Really hope your meds work for you, mine seem to have just started working.

take care

Baggs
05-01-13, 17:17
Thanks, I appreciate that

Annie0904
05-01-13, 17:19
I have just increased my dose of medicine recently and mornings are the worst time for me. I find that it is better if I get up as soon as I wake up, make myself a cup of tea and a bowl of cereals and then have a shower.

starlight78
05-01-13, 18:12
I remember this, waking each morning feeling totally bereft and hopeless, then by evening I could sometimes feel fully recovered.
It does get better, it takes time.
I used to get up as soon as I woke up and keep busy, even if I was crying the whole time. I also used to write positive notes to myself in the evenings to read back in the morning.

Sending you lots of hugs x

AuntieMoosie
06-01-13, 02:30
Just hang in there hun, you're going in the right direction :)

As Baggs has said, anti depressants usually take a good couple of months to really kick in, so I would say you're nearly there :)

I think depression/anxiety sufferers usually tend to feel worse in the mornings, I think it's just where maybe our brains are a bit more sluggish at that time of the day, but this will get better for you, so keep going you're doing great hun :):hugs: