PDA

View Full Version : :) :(

fruity
05-01-13, 15:17
what do u all do when when anxiety,s creeping up on u. because sometimes distraction don,t work. :shrug:

Elle-Kay
05-01-13, 15:20
Relax and let it wash over you. The more you fight against and fearit, the worse it will be as it is only your fear of it that causes it to happen.

cattia
05-01-13, 15:20
Sometimes I just have yo grit my teeth and keep telling myself that it will pass. I try to think about other times in the past when I have felt bad and eventually it's gone away. It doesn't help the feeling Mich but it does kind of help me to get through it, if that makes sense?

fruity
05-01-13, 15:53
Relax and let it wash over you. The more you fight against and fearit, the worse it will be as it is only your fear of it that causes it to happen.
i,ll try that. thank u

---------- Post added at 15:53 ---------- Previous post was at 15:50 ----------

Sometimes I just have yo grit my teeth and keep telling myself that it will pass. I try to think about other times in the past when I have felt bad and eventually it's gone away. It doesn't help the feeling Mich but it does kind of help me to get through it, if that makes sense?
yes i know what u mean. thanx

Arnie365
05-01-13, 17:00
I try and accept it and let it wash over me like Elle Kay said. It's hard to master though but the more I fight it the worse it gets. I've tried distraction as well with mixed results however my therapist has said this can become a safety measure and by doing this I'm not letting myself fully experience the panic the theory being once I have and it's passed on its own ill realise better that they don't harm me and that I don't need to do anything it will just pass on its own. Read this about deep breathing as well that whilst good in the short term you will start using it as a safety feature and convince yourself that if you hadn't done it the panic wouldn't have gone which of course it would.

Sounds weird but does make sense when you think of it.