PDA

View Full Version : severe housebound agrophobe needing dentist

MidnightCalm
05-01-13, 18:01
what do I do? I can't go out and my face is swollen my gum is mmassive and sore and tooth is infected i thnk x

fishman65
05-01-13, 18:08
Hi Midnightcalm,

Does your dentist do house calls because some do.Also,if you have an abcess your dentist will be likely to prescribe antibiotics before treating it.

Good luck with it, Fishy

Col
05-01-13, 22:14
hi midnight, how stressful, i think you really need to either speak to a dentist via phone and try and get them to prsecribe because it sounds like a definate infection BUT really if you have a dentist near by as close to your home as is possible, i think really youll need to be seen. see if as mentioned above, the dentist will come to you. if your at your wits end, call your GP explain your situation and how bad your feeling. I had this when i was struggling to get out and my face was soo swollen. i had no choice but to go GP AND I told her theres no way of getting an appointment, im really stressed and its meaking me feel generally poorly. She prescribed and since i use oraldene , its fanatstic at preventing this sort of problem and collgate do a toothpaste which takes the pian off. obviously you might need treatment BUT luckily mine went down and must have naturally sorted itself, well, for now anyway. but oraldene is great.

trish1955
12-01-13, 00:05
what do i do? I can't go out and my face is swollen my gum is mmassive and sore and tooth is infected i thnk xring round or look on internet as there is some dentist that do home visit i did this to get my eyes tested and now they come every yr to test me i ave heard some dentist do this as i am agraphobic to take care trish

Lost2010
17-01-13, 20:54
Hi MidnightCalm,

Do you mind me asking what area you're in? I recently found a dentist in my area that does home visits so they do exist! They can be quite difficult to find but persevere, phone all your local dentists and they may be able to help or recommend. Also, maybe get a home visit from your GP, they may be willing to prescribe a short course of antibiotics to deal with the infection while you find a dentist. If you're having trouble finding one I would recommend getting in touch with organisations in your area that help the elderly. I was told that opticians and dentists that do house calls normally treat elderly patients as they are more likely to have trouble getting to surgeries etc so they may be able to put you in touch with someone.

Hope you find someone soon