PDA

View Full Version : Hi all from another newbie :)

Jae33UK
05-01-13, 20:26
Hi everyone.

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi to everyone, I'm having a very rough time of things lately with severe depression thats crippled me for a while and heard good things about NMP and the chat rooms so thought would join and see what everyone was talking about.

I'm Jae, from Manchester, been suffering from severe clinical depression for about 6 years and general depression before that for as long as I can remember really. Having quite a bad spell and meltdown at the moment so really looking to touch base with other people in the same situation for mutual support :)

Thanks everyone

Jae

nomorepanic
05-01-13, 20:38
Hi Jae33UK

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Annie0904
05-01-13, 20:39
Hi Jae, :welcome:

Mark13
05-01-13, 21:07
Hello Jae, welcome to the forum.

Nicola joannidis
05-01-13, 21:09
Hi jae, welcome. I'm also having a rough time at the moment. We can get through it together :)

Baggs
05-01-13, 21:09
I feel for you. Only thing that's helped me are meds, Duloxetine for the last year. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

HotLad86
05-01-13, 21:30
Hiya jae here too chat anytime

Best Joseph

Jae33UK
06-01-13, 09:57
Thanks everyone, it sounds silly but just knowing that there are other people who understand what I am going through really helps :)

Thanks Baggs, I've been on Duloxetine and a number of other meds in the past and although they gave in most cases short term relief, I have had massive reactions to Duloxetine and the other "oxetine" meds like Fluoxetine and Paroxetine so researching natural remedies at the moment, just wish they weren't so expensive!

Maca root has worked for me in the past but just ran out and not had chance or the money to go get more so now we're in the new year am going to try and get myself in gear and get the natural remedies in again :)

Baggs
06-01-13, 10:20
Doesn't sound silly at all, I use the chatroom for that very reason to talk to others who understand. Good luck to you.