PDA

View Full Version : paramedic s called new year day

spottitchsam
05-01-13, 23:00
hi guys hoping someone somewhere will be able to help me.on Saturday evening my husband and myself just got home from baby sitting 2 of our grandchildren when I could not get my seatbelt off quick enough.started to panic but soon got over it when I got in.over the next couple of days I had to try and over come this.I found that if I pulled the seatbelt very slowly I could slip it off over my body.on Tuesday which was new year day I had just had a shower but I was worn out due to my health problems.when I went down stairs I had the biggest panic attack ever.cut a long story short I had to run to my daughter s house 3 houses away to give me a cuddle.after 20mins I returned home and that was when I fell apart.son called the paramedic s out which they stayed with me for the whole 2hours.I'm on tramadol for my arthritis pain in my feet and because I was taking 2for 2days then leave for a day I thought that iit might be a side effect.yesterday I m . still panicking so my go has given me some diazepam.I have not slept since 6am Friday morning I'm to frighten.please tell me how I can help myself to calm down so perhaps I can get a few hours sleep thank you x

Annie0904
05-01-13, 23:18
Hi sorry to hear you are feeling so bad at the moment. Have you taken the diazepam? They are usually good at calming you down. x

spottitchsam
05-01-13, 23:46
hi annie thanks.yes I took one about 7 30 feeling tired but can't turn off.petrified of sleeping.hope you are well.

kezzabella
05-01-13, 23:48
hi im on diazipam it does help to calm u down and keep u relaxed, but i have found wen im gonna go into a panic i think bout something nice its really hard but i try and to summit like hoovering or take a walk round the garden quickly to burn of the adrenaline tht is trying to come out from the anxiety, breath in for 6 secs through nose then out through mouth for 6 secs dont do it fast breath slowly it might not help but it sometimes helps me, plus try not to worry it isnt gonna hurt u say to urself its only anxiety it will pass soon, or u cud try humming while u concentrate on something, instead of sitting through it try do something try wot will help u, its ok to cry to cus ur letting it all out i notice i go cold after a panic, also it might feel like a long time going through a panic but it isnt as long as u think i hope some of this may help :)

Col
05-01-13, 23:50
Lay down in bed, dark helps aid sleep, biological process takes place, its very technical, wont bore you.
Take your medication before and & distract yourself whilst laying in bed. Read , listen to music or, if you've got a laptop or tablet, YouTube has some breathing exercises for anxiety, calming music or type in tapping exercises.

Takecare,Hope you get 40 winks, night:winks:

spottitchsam
06-01-13, 03:44
thanks guys for your replies.I did drop off at 12 midnight and I woke up 3 15,I needed the loo.now I am panicky again has I want to know if instead of taking 1 Sr tramadol 100mg I take just 1 50mg of tramadol instead will I have withdrawal symptoms.is there a doctor here that could advise me.thanks once more guys.

hanshan
06-01-13, 07:20
NMP members are not qualified to give medical advice - you should discuss the possible effects of any changes in advance with your doctor.

More generally, what has led to you wanting to change your dosage?

Arnie365
06-01-13, 07:35
For sleeping my therapist taught me a trick. Count backwards in your head from 500. If you feel yourself drop off or forget where you were up to make yourself start again at 500.

It takes a bit of practice but you are training your sub conscious that when you do it its time to sleep. First time I tried it I got down to 300 and odd before I lost count and had to start again. Now I rarely get past 460.

Worth a go

jackie13
06-01-13, 09:06
Hi hun

How are you feeling today? Arnie that's good advice I count back from 100 get annoyed as I lose count:)

I know exactly how you feel hun, download CBT4 now, it really helps when you can understand what's happening with your mind and body

Big hugs
Jackie xx

Col
06-01-13, 09:53
Hi spot,

Ive got a degree in biomedical scientist route, human biology & have worked in PTI NHS laboratories and know a bit about drugs and mechanisms. As bioscience and pharmaceutical courses are interlinked & biomedical science is the foundation to medicine. All I know is, really you shouldn't switch drugs. You should do exactly what your doctor said. If you've been given diazepam, you really should stick to that and the specific dose, really. Because your in a heightened state of anxiety you should avoid randomly swapping drugs and self medicating at different doses, you need consistency & your doctors need to see what's clearly working and what's not. Best thing you can do is contact you GP or out of hours doctor, if your really having difficulties.
:hugs:

Hope that helps

spottitchsam
06-01-13, 14:10
NMP members are not qualified to give medical advice - you should discuss the possible effects of any changes in advance with your doctor.

More generally, what has led to you wanting to change your dosage?

thanks guys for all your advice.reason why I want to go lower is the panic in me wanting to come off it altogether before I get additive.I would rather suffer with the pain than keep on feeling like I do.I might feel different if I was not so anxious all the time.

---------- Post added at 14:10 ---------- Previous post was at 14:01 ----------

Hi spot,

Ive got a degree in biomedical scientist route, human biology & have worked in PTI NHS laboratories and know a bit about drugs and mechanisms. As bioscience and pharmaceutical courses are interlinked & biomedical science is the foundation to medicine. All I know is, really you shouldn't switch drugs. You should do exactly what your doctor said. If you've been given diazepam, you really should stick to that and the specific dose, really. Because your in a heightened state of anxiety you should avoid randomly swapping drugs and self medicating at different doses, you need consistency & your doctors need to see what's clearly working and what's not. Best thing you can do is contact you GP or out of hours doctor, if your really having difficulties.
:hugs:

Hope that helps
I got in touch with the out of hours doctor and she said I was to take 1x50 in the morning and same in the evening.she also made me a appointment to see my own gp tomorrow morning at 9am.I think if it was the seatbelt that triggered the panic and not the tramadol I would be ok going back on the slow release tramadol.

Magic
06-01-13, 14:50
Tramadol is a very strong pain killer. My husband was prescribed these before he had a hip replacement.Did not suit him at all,they were not slow release though. I am so glad you are going to see GP.
Let us know how you go onxx

spottitchsam
06-01-13, 17:43
Tramadol is a very strong pain killer. My husband was prescribed these before he had a hip replacement.Did not suit him at all,they were not slow release though. I am so glad you are going to see GP.
Let us know how you go onxx

I will and thank you.hope you are ok

jackie13
06-01-13, 18:17
Hi hun

How are you feeling? Xx

spottitchsam
06-01-13, 19:35
Hi hun

How are you feeling? Xx

very anxious now it's evening time trying not to think about going to bed has I know that I'm not going to have a good night.up very early over pass week and have to try and keep my mind busy.on here long time reading books/mags.Tele in back ground can't concentrate so does not matter what's on.just have to wait till it gets light outside and hubby is up around 7ish.take diazepam about 6-6.30am.seeing gp for 9 o'clock.wish this would hurry up and go so I can get back to normal.wish I could enter the chat room I think It would help if I could have a one to one with someone in the early hours.thanks for careing

jackie13
06-01-13, 19:40
Hi Hun

I know exactly how you feel, it WILL go but you can't rush it, have a nice hot bath, thinking of you

Xx

spottitchsam
06-01-13, 19:49
Hi Hun

I know exactly how you feel, it WILL go but you can't rush it, have a nice hot bath, thinking of you

Xx

sorry I can't keep my mind off this anxiety Im feeling just going to take a diazapam

jackie13
06-01-13, 20:45
Hun

I know it's difficult, the diazepam well help you feel a little more comfortable. When mine is bad I try not to give the anxiety fuel and I ignore it, but a lot easier said than done.

Jackie x

spottitchsam
07-01-13, 05:04
hi guys feeling a bit tired so I'm going to try and get a bit of sleep

---------- Post added at 04:53 ---------- Previous post was at 00:56 ----------

well guys I did manage to get to sleep about 1am but I did wake again 4.20am.I now wish it would fly by to 7.15. when my hubby should be getting up.took diazepam straight away just waiting for it to kick in.hope you guys are well.x

---------- Post added at 05:04 ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 ----------

just beginning to get a bit of a stuffy nose hope it's not the start of a cold that would be the cherry on top of the cake.I also spoke to my Cambridge consultant 11pm and she has taken me off my "shakes"diet.I was doing so well I lost 4 1/2 stones in 4 1/2 months.got to go and find a healthy diet now and fingers crossed I don't put on any of the weight I lost.x.