PDA

View Full Version : nightmares

Dizzydoll
06-01-13, 11:27
When ever i suffer with anxiety i always have nightmares or really strange dreams...does this happen to anyone else?

Annie0904
06-01-13, 13:59
Yes I get lots of nightmares. I had one last night, woke up at 2am and didn't dare go back to sleep again :(

Sparkle1984
06-01-13, 14:59
Yes definitely. I don't get so many nightmares now thankfully, but I do get quite a lot of weird dreams where I wake up and think "what the heck was all that about?!"

almamatters
06-01-13, 15:13
I went through a stage a few months ago, where every night I had a nightmare or a very vivid dream. I had no idea why this just started happening and asked my GP, who said it was due to the stress and anxiety I was experiencing at that time. It seems better now but I still have the occasional nightmare. :flowers:

Annie0904
10-01-13, 09:13
I had another nightmare last night and woke up screaming. My nightmare is always the same thing. The scariest about it, is that in my nightmare I am in my bed in my bedroom so just as it is except that I see the bedroom door open and the light shine in (I always keep the door closed) then I feel the person getting close to me. I feel paralysed, can't move at all. I usually wake myself up by shouting out but as I am in the same place as in the nightmare it is hard for me to realise that it isn't really happening.

ricardo
10-01-13, 09:26
Mine go back to childhood and still get them every few weeks .They are vivid and though totally unrelated I am always being chased with no way out.
Luckily I usually manage to get back to sleep.

Annie0904
10-01-13, 09:53
I get them at least once a week. I think mine started after I left my ex husband. One night about a year ago my husband tried to calm me when I started shouting out and I started to fight him away as I thought he was the person in my dream. Now he doesn't touch me but talks to me calmly to reassure me. It is worse when he is working away and I am alone. I usually end up having to put the light on being too scared to go back to sleep.

---------- Post added at 09:53 ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 ----------

Mine go back to childhood and still get them every few weeks .They are vivid and though totally unrelated I am always being chased with no way out.
Luckily I usually manage to get back to sleep.

I guess mine is a similar dream as I can't get away. This is an interesting link about chase dreams
http://www.dreamdictionary.org/common/chase-dreams/

swgrl09
10-01-13, 09:57
just had one ... hence why i am up at 5 am lol. i have them maybe 3 times a week now

Annie0904
10-01-13, 10:00
just had one ... hence why i am up at 5 am lol. i have them maybe 3 times a week now

So awful. At least mine didn't happen until 6am today.