PDA

View Full Version : Nasty Hobbitses...

Elle-Kay
06-01-13, 12:41
Yesterday we went to see "The Hobbit" at the pictures (or the cinema, to anyone under the age of 25, lol). It was my first cinema visit since June, when I was in the grip of a horrid week of constant panic, but when I forced myself to go and see "Avengers Assemble" because it was my husband's birthday. For this reason I had been quite anxious about going this time, and had even considered giving my ticket to my sister. But, as before, I forced myself to go, and you know what? It was fine :) Not perfect - I was a bit too fixated on the passage of time, and I had a wobbly moment about halfway through when someone near me got up to visit the ladies (which made me think of toilets, which made me think of being sick) - but I stuck it out. I didn't have any panic feelings, and even in my wobbly few minutes I think I can safely say that my anxiety levels never got above about 6/10. I'm even thinking of going back, on my own, to see Les Miserables later this month :)

PanchoGoz
06-01-13, 12:50
Well done! It's always better than you think it wil be isnt's it, I always regret giving it more thought than it needed at first, I try to remember that when I am about to do something stressful nowadays. :yesyes:

Arnie365
06-01-13, 13:17
Well done you. Last film I went to see was skyfall. We had set off to go the day before but got so panicky had to turn the car around. I made it back the next day and made it through the film but was really uncomfortable throughout.

I think it's time I went back and the Hobbit it shall be!

Annie0904
06-01-13, 14:06
Well done! pleased you enjoyed it. I went to see Life of Pi last week. Waiting until it is not so busy to see The Hobbit and Les Miserables.

Magic
06-01-13, 14:24
Well done Elle, i love going to the cinema. The last film we went to see was Avatar in the afternoon. Hardly anyone in.Sat on an end seat for quick exit
Not so keen on the Hobbit films. It's such a shame they were'nt filmed before Lord or the rings. I will have to go and see Les Miserables on my own, i don't mind. My husband is not into musicals.
We have bought a Sunday paper today and Les Miserables was only 3 star rated,so
I might wait until the video comes out.
It is nice to get out a bit anyway Elle xx

ElizabethJane
06-01-13, 16:08
Well done Ellie for going to see the Hobbit. I went after Christmas with D. It is a long film and the fighting does go on a bit. There are some great cameo roles such as Chriistopher Lee. I thought Sir Ian McKellan as Gandolf was great. I need to dust down my copy that I bought as a teenager. Well done for controlling your panic. EJ

Elle-Kay
06-01-13, 16:59
Thanks guys :)

Magic: I always sit on the end too. I think I'll still see Les Miserables even if it's only been given 3 stars - I don't trust reviewers since a time when I saw that they'd only given one of the Harry Potter films 3 stars! lol

EJ: It is quite long yes, and I was a bit lost about where it was all going (I haven't read the book, and didn't realise that it was going to be a trilogy of films like Lord of the Rings though! lol), but I did quite enjoy it. Did you realise that it was "Dame Edna Everage" doing the voice of the big fat Goblin King guy? :)

Pancho: Yes, you're totally right about the anticipation being worse than the actual event. I'm getting used to that now, and it is getting a little easier to do things as I'm starting to believe myself (sometimes) when I tell myself that it will pass once I get going.