PDA

View Full Version : holiday!

lashes
06-01-13, 13:32
hiya my partner wants to book a holiday to spain this year but i just dont know if i can go ! im terrified i mght have a panic attack on the plane and its not like you can get off ! and i keep thinking il want to come home and il be so far away and what if i got ill ther so many worries but if i took all them away i would like to go im even having nightmare about it i just dont know whether to go but i dont want to waste my life not doing things i want to do any advice guys ?x

mikejames
06-01-13, 13:41
right so how many times have you sat waiting to die ???? if you are anything like me about 200 times a day but have you - NO cos you are strong and 2 hours is not gonna hurt you xxxxxxxx enjoy your holiday and get going xxxxx

Edie
06-01-13, 20:47
I really hope you can make it on holiday.

Your doctor might be able to prescribe you some valium or something for on the flight.

If being away from home is an issue, could you perhaps try a weekend closer to home and see how that goes first?

rs4001
06-01-13, 21:36
I remember on flight were I sat next to someone who was afraid of flying. I could tell she was acting anxious while we were waiting for everyone to take their seats on the plane. I thought I also saw her take a sedative. Then while in the air during takeoff she asked if the engines were making a strange sound and asked if was everything OK with the plane. I said it was normal and I could tell she had a problem with flying. I told her in more detail how I took that that flight often and everything was normal witht the flight.

She hung in there well for the whole flight. She was still stressed, but made it through well. Hopefully you can get up the courage to go. Perhaps you can work on some relaxation exercise on some shorter trips in the area.

Similar to your flight, I am going into a stressful situation next week, a job interview. But I know I want to go. I just have to do the best I can. The interviewing company had two days open for the interview, I choose the soonest day, just so I have the least time to work up anxiety or stress before the interview.

Let us know if your going on the trip. I think you should.

lashes
08-01-13, 19:10
Thanks for the replys !i think im just guna go for it whats the worst that can happen!ive put it off for the last 3 years and im not guna do it anymore :)x