PDA

View Full Version : 12 weeks on Antidepressants...advice needed?

KCam11
06-01-13, 16:39
Hope everyone is doing well! I have been suffering with anxiety for years and this is my second time on Prozac. The first time I remember the feelings of panic being gone by my 12th week but they are still lurking. Im feeling much better than I did without the meds but I don't know if I should give them any more time or should talk to the dr about increasing them. Im not having these feelings as often and I have been able to stay where I am instead of fleeing but i ready to feel completely like my old self!

Anyone have any good advice?

kittikat
06-01-13, 17:05
I started my anti d's at the end of August last year....went through all those thoughts & feelings you are having now, constantly 'checking myself' etc. Discussed upping the dose on several occasions with my doctor....just over 4 months on I am really starting to feel the benefit of the meds and Iam really glad I didn't rush into increasing.

It is still early days for you and as you say, you are feeling better. Discuss with your doc next visit, but for me, I am glad I stuck it out. Remember, sometimes an increase can make you feel worse too.

Good luck, Kitti :)

Baggs
06-01-13, 17:33
I agree with kittikat - stick with it