PDA

View Full Version : Stomach symptom?

jayjoe18
06-01-13, 17:34
Hi all, I'm sorry if this is the wrong section but I'm worrying over a pain I've been having in my stomach. I've been experiencing it for months and at first the docs thought it was ovaries but I had a scan and that's come back OK. I don't think I stressed enough to the doctor about the location of the pains (as I get really nervous and forget to say things) but the pain is more in my bowel. It's on the right side right next to my bellybutton, it's not a sharp stabbing pain but feels more like something is pushing outwards from inside or like a sore/wierd pressure. It's always in the exact same place but comes an goes. I'm really worried it's something serious, does anyone know what it could be? I do have other bowel problems and family history with IBS, so could this be an IBS symptom? Even if its always in the same place?

Efilinu
06-01-13, 23:23
I would write down everything you want to say to the doctor before you go and read through it with them or get them to read it. I had a pain but was in my left, lower side and that was kind of an IBS type thing, it was my large intestine having spasms. Was easily fixed with some peppermint oil capsules the doctor prescribed me. Apparently having some peppermint tea can also help relieve the symptoms but the capsules were much faster and more effective (as are stronger). So, go see your doctor!! :)

Dazza123
06-01-13, 23:26
No help with your symptoms, but if I ever think I will forget to mention things to my Doctor, or if I have a lot I need to talk about, I write a letter/note and I drop it down to the surgery and then make an appointment. Then, when I see her she already knows why I am there, saves a lot of time explaining things, and gets more time to discuss treatments etc.

Hope you feel better soon!

jayjoe18
07-01-13, 18:03
Thanks very much for replying, that's a really good idea, I'm going to write everything down tonight and hopefully will manage the trip to the doctors in the morning (fingers crossed!)

jayjoe18
12-01-13, 15:28
Made it to the doctors, they said it was nothing to worry about (no hernia etc) and that it sounded like stomach muscle spasms. She said I had really strong/tight stomach muscles which I presume is because I'm always so tense so that's probably the cause! Feel a little better but still don't like the thought that I'll have to deal with these weird pains on top of everything else. Arghh I hate that anxiety can cause so many physical issues :(