PDA

View Full Version : first ever sinus infection?

mrcash123
06-01-13, 18:15
hey everyone im new here and my typing isnt the best so bare with me, i think i have a sinus infection but looking for advice im coughing up thick green phlegm lots of pressure in my head at the back of the head and behind the nose but no nasel discharge? i cant smell very well and get a phantom smell of gas :S sometimes pressure behind the eyes which leaves a lil blurred vision and eye twitching also fluid is leaking from my right ear which is making me off balance and dizzy im guessing? loss of appetite feel like im going mad lol been going on 3 weeks any advice would be great :) hope everyone is well.

Annie0904
06-01-13, 18:31
It sounds to me like your sinus may be infected. I think you should go to see your GP as you may need antibiotics. In the mean time, steam inhalation will help to relieve the pressure (put boiling water in a bowl with a little vicks or menthol crystals if you have them, put a towel over your head over the bowl and breath in the steam). Also you can try alternating hot and cold compresses over your sinus area 10 mins each.

mrcash123
06-01-13, 18:38
Thank you for the reply hope your well :) before all this happened i developed a chest infection which i was on 3 lots of antibiotics for then they tell me it was probs viral since the antibiotics had no effect, could this be a secondary infection? and if so would antibiotics work? i think id cope better if it were not for the dizzyness balance issue but thanks for the advice about the bowl i shall give it a shot :)

Annie0904
06-01-13, 18:56
Try what I suggested and if it is no better in a few days see your doctor. Hopefully the steam will do the trick. It does sound like it is related to the chest infection. When ever I get a cold or chest infection I seem to end up with painful sinus.

mrcash123
06-01-13, 19:21
i will do thanks :) think the health aniexty kicks in and makes me feel worse the smelling gas thing and being dizzy makes my mind race but ill try and soldier on lol

Annie0904
06-01-13, 19:34
The smell could be a build up of catarrh. If you don't feel any better in a few days see your doctor.

mrcash123
06-01-13, 23:57
hey sorry to bother you again but iv just got the most immense pressure at the top of my head and cant even move it without feeling dizzy and really loud ringing in my ears like i say iv never had this before is this all normal what im describing?

Em84
07-01-13, 08:04
Hi

I am either a constant sinusitis or allergic rhinitis sufferers still not sure what it is yet.....
I always have sinus infections.

What your describing sounds like a bad sinus infection...the smell you describe is it coming from your breath. Because the mucus is sitting in your throat the bacteria then gives you this.
Your phlegm is green which indicates infection as well as yellow. The best way to treat this is with a course of antibiotics. Ring your GP today.
As the other person said steam is good at helping to break the mucus down etc and help Conjestion but it prob wont clear the infection.

X