PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else feel like the HA never ends?

Munchlet
06-01-13, 18:37
Hi

I just wanted to see if anyone else could relate to this.

I've had HA now for most of my life but initially it just seemed to come in fits and starts and I could at sometimes manage it without any medication.

However the last year I just feel like I have been constantly battling with HA and despite taking fluoxetine it's just not working.

This last year has by far been my worse and at the moment my fear of Cervical Cancer (I've been told by three different doctors it's not) is just not going away.

I have an appt on 25th Jan to have a colposcopy because my doctor has asked for one to try and reassure me but I'm just so worried and normally when I've been reassured by doctors it does help but I've had three different opinions and it's like what they are saying is not sinking in, I'm just dreading the appt because I'm convinced they will all be proven wrong.

I just wanted to vent but also see if anyone else battles like this, I can't understand why my medication is making no difference and neither are any of the doctors reassurances.

At first I thought it was just a phase but it just doesn't seem to be getting any better :shrug:

nj
06-01-13, 19:34
I've been dealing with HA since about 1998 or 1999. It comes and goes in waves. I've had periods of about 2-3 weeks where it gets REALLY bad then subsides for a few months (or even up to a year). It always returns with some silly trigger. Usually a news story, like my latest heart anxiety.

I'm due for my annual checkup so I think once I get past that, hopefully I'll be good to go for a while.

You need to trust your doctors though.

justina
06-01-13, 19:58
I suffer from HA since 2006/2007, and this has been my worst year too. I seem to jump from worry to worry, sometimes in less than one day.
I am on no medication, but I think maybe I'll talk to my dr about that. Have tried cbt but didn't finish the therapy

cattia
06-01-13, 20:10
Yes, I feel like this. This has been a bad year for me too and i have started 2013 on pretty bad form as well. My anxiety has been bad since June, it waxes and wanes but it's always there really, ready to flare up at the slightest provocation. I have lost control big-time with Google these past few weeks and pretty much put myself into a living hell. Some days it feels very overwhelming and I just want to run away from everything, there are times recently when I really wonder how I'll get through it.

Munchlet
07-01-13, 19:19
I'm glad it's not just me, it is a constant battle and I don't know what the answer is.

I definately don't think this time of year helps, well I know it doesn't me, I hate the short days and damp weather, maybe I need to invest in one of those Sad lamps :shrug:

Hopefully we can all move on from these awful feelings soon x

Eek
08-01-13, 02:28
How long have you been taking the fluvoxatine? SSRI's can take several weeks before you feel the effects so if you've just started taking it it can take a while to kick in.

Munchlet
08-01-13, 16:43
Hi Eek

I've been taking them on and off for years, but been taking them regularly since June.

Sometimes they just don't seem to keep the HA at bay, maybe I need to change meds :shrug: