PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Scotland

Jammy J
06-01-13, 19:51
Hello,

My name is Jamie and im fairly new to this forum and ive found a lot of posts very helpful. Ive suffered from social/general anxiety for as long as i can remember but ive been finding it hard recently to deal with. Im struggling to cope at times and the worst thing of all is the lonliness. Im here for the support and to help others the best i can.

I got diagnosed back in Novemeber by my GP and was put on Propranolol however i think i need to go back as i still dont feel great.

I feel like im going into panic mode right now, im petrified returning to work tomorro after being off on holiday.

nomorepanic
06-01-13, 20:01
Hi Jammy J

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Annie0904
06-01-13, 20:02
Hi :welcome: I am sure you will find lots of help and support here x

Arnie365
06-01-13, 20:13
Hi Jamie welcome :welcome:

Jammy J
06-01-13, 22:05
Thanks guys :)

Mark13
06-01-13, 22:09
Hello Jamie

Welcome to the site.

Mark

Jammy J
06-01-13, 22:14
Thanks Mark.

ozzie
06-01-13, 22:40
Hi Jamie. I'm new here too - only joined a few days ago. I have found it to be a most informative and helpful site, and as you have seen, people are helpful and supportive. I totally get your anxiety about returning to work tomorrow (not a teacher too are you? lol) as I feel exactly the same way. I know I will go and everything will be fine but I just can't help feeling anxious and stressed about it. I am all ready anticipating a restless night but I have my book and the cats to see me through.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Oz.

Jammy J
06-01-13, 23:36
Hi Oz,

Thanks for your reply and :welcome: to you too.

Lol no im not a teacher. It was the same when i was a pupil - i used to dread going back. Like you said, im sure we'll be fine, its just the thought of returning.

Its nice to know were all in this together and were not alone. The book idea sounds good, im not really into reading books but i do love autobiographys/true stories etc.

Going to try and sleep now although cant see it happening.

Take care

Wolfie
07-01-13, 11:15
Hey Jamie,

A fellow Scot woohoo :)

There's a ton of help around here, welcome!

Chris

ozzie
07-01-13, 19:39
Well, I got through the day but am absolutely shattered now. 6.30am was a TOTAL shock to the system! Managed to work myself up into a bit of a state initially but got through it and the rest of the day went fine. Only downside is I now think I'm coming down with a cold - bloody schools are breeding grounds for germs! Hahaha!

Anyway, hope your day was good too.

Take care,
Oz.

Jammy J
07-01-13, 23:14
Well done :yesyes: the worst day over with!! Yes i had a good day too and like you im shattered aswell, hardly slept a wink but didn't feel too bad getting up at 6. I had a little blip when driving to work - got stuck in traffic ( 5 accidents believe it or not ) so my journey took an extra 2 hours so that got me worked up a little bit.

I think i might actually have a decent nights sleep tonight as im quite sleepy, i also bought some Bach Rescue Night Spray today so will give that a go and ive got the day one too.

Cold doesn't sound good though, ive not had one in a very long time ( touch wood lol )

Hope you have a good week Oz

Take care.

Thanks for the welcome Chris :)