PDA

View Full Version : Acid reflux anyone help me?????

illgetthere
06-01-13, 21:10
So I'm thinking its acid reflux kind of worried doctor as gave me omeprazole 20mg I dont get the heartburn even thou my chest feels warm under the breastbone but I suffer chest pain and my thrust as a tingly burning feeling plus it feels like its in my ears and the back of my nose any1 relate to this it's like the fumes of the acid take my breath away it's horrible does any1 get this at all ?? X

---------- Post added at 21:10 ---------- Previous post was at 21:07 ----------

Plus I get hot pain in my head ?

bottleblond
06-01-13, 21:39
Hi

Acid reflux is horrible. I have had it for some time now but controlled by medication.

There are so many symptoms that come with it. I have had chronic chest pain. The burning sensation, watery mouth, acid in the throat blah blah blah.

Keep with your meds and see if they make a difference. If not, ask the doc to change them because it can be treated with the right medication that suits you.

Lisa
x

mike.125
06-01-13, 22:13
Hi my father had this dont take it lightly go and ask for a camera in your throat they told my dad this acid reflux is common turns out he had a hole in his diaphram and a part of his stomach was comin up and restin on something cant really remember hooe this helps

illgetthere
06-01-13, 23:57
Problem there is my doctor just thinks its all in my head as I have health anxiety so don't want to help me at all :(

Twinsmummy
07-01-13, 00:23
Hello

I have just been diagnosed with GERD and what you are describing matches all I have read about silent reflux. I also don't have acid or burning but I was burping up food and had the lump in my throat feeling with occasional but increasingly more indigestion. My GP also put me on omeprezole 20mg and within 2 days the symptoms disappeared BUT then a pain between my breasts started (the soft bit just between where the ribs meet in the middle of my chest) which was really uncomfortable, I stuck it out for 2 weeks - but wearing a bra was bordering on painful and I decided the pain wasn't worth it. I have felt rotten since coming off it, I don't drink alcohol but had a glass of champagne at midnight on New Years Eve and boy did I pay for it - then I found out what acid was, not fun!

I have to go back to the doctors as I have been adding things up and realised my voice had been getting weaker and deeper for months now (another symptom) - I just give up talking in restaurants etc as my voice seems to give out. I just hate going to the GP, the palaver of getting an appt then worrying that I haven't given them EVERY relevant detail then the terror if they want to refer me, which I know will take months of worry. Plus I'll know that there is an outside chance that it is something more serious and that every second counts....blah blah blah.

Good grief I'm fun aren't I! I'll stop waffling about myself now. :blush: Good luck with your dad's doctor, I'm sure he'll take you more seriously as there is a heritable factor with GERD, oh and I also read that anxiety can't cause GERD but it can make you much more conscious of the symptoms so I'm not sure your doctor should say tha you are causing this.

Hope that helps and sorry for offloading, this same subject has been worrying me for a month but I hadn't had the nerve to post about it yet.

All the best
X

Arnie365
07-01-13, 05:23
Hi I have this as well. I mistake the pain in my chest as a heart attack which is what my health anxiety centres around. No idea if this will work for others or whether its actually working for me or is a coincidence! For the past 3 days I take a banana to bed and bottle of water. I eat the banana as soon as I wake up and drink the water. Then when I get up about an hour later I have two ginger tablets from Holland and Barrett dissolved in hot water with honey. I drink peppermint tea throughout the day. Not had any problems since I've started this. As I say could be a coincidence!

Twinsmummy
07-01-13, 22:37
I did similar when pregnant with twins. Couldnt move until i had wholemeal rolls and bananas so will give it a go! Will try anything, thanks Arnie.

abs
08-01-13, 12:18
Hey illgetthere,

I think I have acid reflux, I was in bed all over Christmas and New Year unwell with it and feeling very anxious about it. I've been put on lanzoprazole but it doesn't seem to be doing anything, I don't get much burning in the throat, I just get a chronic cough, do you get a cough at all?

All the best xoxoxo

illgetthere
17-01-13, 22:11
Yes I get a cough it's more of a clear my thtoat cough xx

RVP
18-01-13, 00:20
Omg, I had exactly the same symptoms just as you describe, warm tingly feeling on the chest which comes and goes, it was horrible, I got so worked up I went to A&E complaining from chest pains and had an ECG, they gave me omeprazole too, and took it for 2 weeks, everything cleared up after that.

I had never suffered from heartburn before that (that i can remember) but now whenever I feel a little stuffy from the chest area or my stomach makes popping sounds, I just drink gasivcone and it clears up.