PDA

View Full Version : just some things i found that help me and may help you?

trigrodge
06-01-13, 23:48
i have been an anxious person most my life im 29, i have mainly worried about my health and not being near my family if something were to happen, so i havnt been within 5 miles of my house for the last 6 years so recently i've tried to push myself and have made my anxiety worst to the stage where im anxious everyday allday and have maybe one or 2 panic attacks a day. my doc thinks i pushed to hard like going to the gym for the first time and trying to lift the heaviest weight... it aint going to happen!
the last couple of weeks however i have become a lot more stronger not to say i dont panic but not as bad and feel like im getting control,
some things i done are:

.change my diet (no coffee, alcohol, cut out most sweet stuff and eat foods that encourage seratonin production)

.exercise even if its just walking up and down the stairs 5 times.

.i tell myself that if i think im having a heart attack or stroke that i'll probably be the only person ever to know when im just about to die! dont know any cases where someone has woke up in the morning thinking they were going to have a heart attack and actually have one later in the day.

.a panic attack is basically a huge rush of adrenaline, people who climb mountains, jump out of planes etc experience this they just interpret it a different way were basically adrenaline junkies that dont want to be :D

.i try to sleep well, always feel better after a good nights sleep.

.i try and focus on all the postive stuff in my life no matter how small or trivial!

these are some things that help take the edge of my personal anxiety if it helps anyone else then great!

take care all!

:hugs:

AuntieMoosie
06-01-13, 23:57
Lovely post, thank you :)

I'm so glad that you're finding ways to help yourself through it, it does make you feel much more in control when you do that :)

Keep going and I wish you every success in your recovery, keep letting us know how you're going please :) :hugs:

mumo42012
07-01-13, 00:19
nice one thanku for sharing xx

Arnie365
07-01-13, 04:53
Nice post good advice.

Col
07-01-13, 08:46
i have been an anxious person most my life im 29, i have mainly worried about my health and not being near my family if something were to happen, so i havnt been within 5 miles of my house for the last 6 years so recently i've tried to push myself and have made my anxiety worst to the stage where im anxious everyday allday and have maybe one or 2 panic attacks a day. My doc thinks i pushed to hard like going to the gym for the first time and trying to lift the heaviest weight... It aint going to happen!
The last couple of weeks however i have become a lot more stronger not to say i dont panic but not as bad and feel like im getting control,
some things i done are:

.change my diet (no coffee, alcohol, cut out most sweet stuff and eat foods that encourage seratonin production)

.exercise even if its just walking up and down the stairs 5 times.

.i tell myself that if i think im having a heart attack or stroke that i'll probably be the only person ever to know when im just about to die! Dont know any cases where someone has woke up in the morning thinking they were going to have a heart attack and actually have one later in the day.

.a panic attack is basically a huge rush of adrenaline, people who climb mountains, jump out of planes etc experience this they just interpret it a different way were basically adrenaline junkies that dont want to be :d

.i try to sleep well, always feel better after a good nights sleep.

.i try and focus on all the postive stuff in my life no matter how small or trivial!

These are some things that help take the edge of my personal anxiety if it helps anyone else then great!

Take care all!

:hugs:
fantastic post..... Simple and sooo helpfull, thanks.