PDA

View Full Version : Going out of my mind!

ReissG
07-01-13, 09:17
My wonderful GP has said he will see me today as he doesn't want me worrying about anything.

My problem is, on the back of my tongue (just below the tonsil) I have something on the tongue which is swollen and hurting)

I think it's pretty much only just popped up, (I was feeling the area just two days ago and it wasn't there)

It just feels very swollen and sore.

This can't be cancer right? :(
Cancer of the tongue is rare in general right, but to strike someone at 20 with no family history of only 1 cancer (testicular)
My Dr said cancer is rarely painful (the actual cancer itself) and when I press down on this swollen thing, it hurts, like how your tonsil feels when it's swollen.
My Dr said we have tonnes of glands on our tongue that swell because of viral or infections, not glands exactly, just tissue that works as glands, so maybe this is it!

Let's hope he'll put me on a good 500mg 4 times a day anti biotic for a week, I really need it!

Eek
07-01-13, 09:37
Cancer wouldn't pop up in two days so no, it's not cancer.

I'd say your doc is right and it's just a swollen gland or a bit of a virus, but hopefully he'll put your mind at rest when you see him today.

ReissG
07-01-13, 14:55
Saw him and he said It's just a build up of infection, he can see yellow over the right hand side which indicates infection.
He felt my glands and said yes some are slightly swollen but none indicate anything else other then infection going on.
Put me on 2000mg anti biotic a day for a week and said it will sort out any problems.

The thing on my tongue feels smaller today but a bit scabby, like my tonsil so obviously the infection has got to it a bit more. I just want it to go now lol!