PDA

View Full Version : agoraphobia

tina
14-06-04, 10:18
hi i have agoraphobia and panic attacks, i am on the settee at the moment and cant be bothered to get up, i cant motivate myself to get a glass of water, does it get any better please email me if u have the same problems as me subrina@aol.com

grace
14-06-04, 11:04
hi tina
welcome to the board.
YES it does get better. you have made a very big and important step by coming on here to seek advice, and you will get lots of good advice from the people here who all share your problems.
have a look around the site there is some realy good stuff that im sure you will benefit from.
how long have you been suffering with this? what have you done so far?
stick around you will be glad you did...

xxx grace

tina
14-06-04, 11:14
thanks grace, i have had it for 12 years and finally i am seeing a therapist i have been on that many tablets they have all made me ill so i do not take anything now. i am also going to telephone a hypnotis
to see if he can help

grace
14-06-04, 12:12
a lot of people take tablets to help them through but i have a phobia about them so i never took anything but came through it anyway. not that im 100% but i have a life which i didnt at one point.
the hypnotist is a good idea, i tried it and it didnt do me much good but it works for lots of people. maybe it would have worked for me if i had stuck it out a bit longer, i only went for two appointments.
you're doing so well already, seeing a therapist etc. i found it ver difficult to admit to anyone that i had a problem when i was poorly, i have such a lot of respect for everyone on here for making that move, its takes a lot of courage and shows that you have what it takes to get well again.
have you heard of rescue remedy, i use it all the time and so do lots of others. its very helpful.
when is your appointment for the hypnotist? keep us posted

xxx grace

sarah
14-06-04, 12:30
Hi Tina

I have to aggree with Grace here. It DOES get better but it takes a lot of determination.
I was in a similar situation to you this last year so I know how you feel...awful eh?
However maybe to give you hope I will tell you that although I still am too panicky to work at the moment, I am going out quite a lot without too much anxiety. Shopping, pubs, restaurants etc no longer prove to be such a nightmare for me anymore.

I have had hypnotherapy and it was brilliant for me so yes I would urge you to give it a go. Im not going to preach about what you should and shouldnt do but I will say have you read Megs 'FIRST STEPS' post on here? Take a look at it, its brilliant advice and well worth thinking about.

Take care and feel free to email me anytime!!

love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

jo-jo
14-06-04, 22:02
Hi Tina

Hope you are feeling a little better - we all have days where its hard to do anything so don't feel you're alone there.

The hypnotist sounds like a great idea - I have my first appointment tomorrow so I'll let you know how I get on. There have aslo been some very good reports on this forum about reflexology so maybe that could be worth a go too?

How is your therapy going - what sort are you having?

Love to hear how you're getting on :).

Jo xx

tina
15-06-04, 12:45
thanks jo i have not made an appointment yet i will let u know how i get on thanks. tell me how u get on with ur hypnotist thanks