PDA

View Full Version : breathing

fruity
07-01-13, 10:32
im not anxious or panicky but my sides of my chest like my chest walls feel heavy maybe tight & i feel like i have to keep taking a big breath to help..... i have got a chesty cough still & flem. but it,s very annoying.:bighug1:

Nico
07-01-13, 10:53
Most people have tight feeling in their chest when they have a bad cough, but I know that if you combine this with anxiety you start questioning whether this is normal for a cough. Anyway if it's not the cough causing it is probably your anxiety, and thinking about it will make it worse!! :)

fruity
07-01-13, 11:30
Most people have tight feeling in their chest when they have a bad cough, but I know that if you combine this with anxiety you start questioning whether this is normal for a cough. Anyway if it's not the cough causing it is probably your anxiety, and thinking about it will make it worse!! :)
very true

Fred Speed
07-01-13, 14:05
I have got the same thing at the moment. I had a tight chest over Christmas and have of course convinced myself I have lung cancer (lord knows why as I don't really have any of the symptoms - I think that nasty advert has something to do with it. Plus I'm 32 and quit smoking 2 years ago) . So the tight chest symptoms have kind of alleviated but now I feel like I'm having to take deep breaths all of the time.

Good old Google suggests that it is a definate anxiety issue. I am really annoyed as been off Citalopram for a year now and thought I was doing really well :o(

fruity
07-01-13, 14:37
I have got the same thing at the moment. I had a tight chest over Christmas and have of course convinced myself I have lung cancer (lord knows why as I don't really have any of the symptoms - I think that nasty advert has something to do with it. Plus I'm 32 and quit smoking 2 years ago) . So the tight chest symptoms have kind of alleviated but now I feel like I'm having to take deep breaths all of the time.

Good old Google suggests that it is a definate anxiety issue. I am really annoyed as been off Citalopram for a year now and thought I was doing really well :o(
not very nice is it. well im 28 & had anxiety for 5yrs but just can,t seem to get any better. i mean i have good days but they are short lived. i was on citalapram at first with another but can,t remember the name & then i went on another also forgot the name & i was weand off them & it was terrible. i thought no way i don,t ever wanna b like this again. lord knows i,ve tried very hard to help myself because realy it,s only u who can do it. but i suppose i,ve faild but im still trying & i will get there soon. as we all will.