PDA

View Full Version : Builders are here anxious

ElizabethJane
07-01-13, 12:50
I know that my anxiety will be short lived. I have waited a long time for all this to start. We are having our fire place removed and a wood burner put in. They have experienced problems as our chimney has not been swept. We did not know that we needed to arrange this. They seem to be blaming me. I have felt very anxious with an upset tummy. Its the thoughts that drive me mad. I feel able to control the anxiety as I will go back to work tomorrow. I have been feeling low but it comes in waves. A wave of anxiety/depression counteracted by something positive. EJ

---------- Post added at 12:50 ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 ----------

It is all the dust and the noise.

Beagle
07-01-13, 13:56
I understand how you feel. I have issues when there is someone in my house who I did not know well. When we had a new kitchen fitted the builders turned up with no notice and it threw me into such a panic that I had to move to a Travelodge until they had gone. Fortunately I am not as bad now, so hang in there.

ElizabethJane
07-01-13, 14:00
At least I understand what is happening. It looks as if the cat has moved house for the day. The plasterer will be here tomorrow. The builders start properly next week. We have not had anything done to the house for twenty years so I need to curtail my panic. EJ

Edie
07-01-13, 14:53
I'm sorry, I always frind this stressful too. Workmen don't seem to have a clue that they're intruding into people's homes.

You weren't told about having the chimney swept. It's not your fault. Let them think what they want. Their opinion isn't important as they don't know you.

Good luck with all the building. At least you get to go to work tomorrow!

ElizabethJane
07-01-13, 15:12
Thank you for the replies. They seemed to have progressed as all the soot came down after they dislodged it. We would have been happy to get the chimney swept. They are lining the chamber (chimney?) so hopefully the plasterer will be able to come tomorrow. It has made me feel very anxious. EJ

AuntieMoosie
08-01-13, 01:15
Hello EJ :)

I really feel for you hun, I absolutely hate workmen in my home too, it's just part of our anxiety that's all. Funnily enough, I've had an electrician here this afternoon, luckily for me, he was such a nice guy, really cheerful so that kind of made me feel a bit more at ease :)

You're doing great though hun, and just think how lovely it will be when it's all finished, you're going to love it :)

Sending you hugs hun :hugs: :hugs: