PDA

View Full Version : New from Brighton

gemtree
07-01-13, 16:09
Hi I am new. I recently moved to Brighton with my 21yr old son, have anxiety, panic attacks, for years, not on medication, pretty much cope alone, had art therapy a few years ago. Dont like the idea of meds so am taking St Johns Wort for mild depression and multi vitamins also.

I tend to stay up quite late at night a bit of a night owl, and I just found this forum because I tend to isolate myself and wanted to speak to people who are in the same situation.

nomorepanic
07-01-13, 16:19
Hi gemtree

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

paula lynne
07-01-13, 16:24
Hi there, glad to have you on board, you will find lots of support here, and make some good friends along the way Im sure. You arent alone. :welcome:
Paula x

gemtree
07-01-13, 17:57
Thank you so much guys, feels great to hear that will have a read around x

Sparkle1984
07-01-13, 21:10
Welcome to the forums, Gem. You'll find plenty of friendly support here. :)

How long have you been on St John's Wart and do you find it helpful?

Baggs
07-01-13, 22:42
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

gemtree
09-01-13, 03:02
Welcome to the forums, Gem. You'll find plenty of friendly support here. :)

How long have you been on St John's Wart and do you find it helpful?

Its a least 5 years, not absolutely sure how long come to think of it! I take one a day (get it from Zipvit online) in the morning (or when I get up). It interacts with contraception pills /some meds though so my gp knows I've been taking it for years.

St John's Wort does really help me it takes 3 months to build up in the system, and gives me less confusion and more get up and go is probably the best way for me to describe it. I tried stopping and found that within a couple of weeks of not taking any, I start to feel a lot more frozen sort of unable to do things (start sitting and thinking round and round and round lol).

Hope that post makes sense, sorry if I used too many words, bad habit of mine!

Arnie365
09-01-13, 05:51
Welcome gemtree. Hope you find the forum as helpful as I do.

Mark13
09-01-13, 14:04
Hello gemtree and welcome to the forum.

Sparkle1984
09-01-13, 18:27
Its a least 5 years, not absolutely sure how long come to think of it! I take one a day (get it from Zipvit online) in the morning (or when I get up). It interacts with contraception pills /some meds though so my gp knows I've been taking it for years.

St John's Wort does really help me it takes 3 months to build up in the system, and gives me less confusion and more get up and go is probably the best way for me to describe it. I tried stopping and found that within a couple of weeks of not taking any, I start to feel a lot more frozen sort of unable to do things (start sitting and thinking round and round and round lol).

Hope that post makes sense, sorry if I used too many words, bad habit of mine!

That sounds good. I haven't used St John's Wart before, but I've seen it on the shelf at Boots. I had heard that it can good for mild anxiety/mild depression.