PDA

View Full Version : Introduce myself

LauraM8
07-01-13, 23:11
Hi my name is Laura I am 28, in April last year I had my first panic attack, and they went on from there for about a month every couple of days till my partner couldn't watch me suffer anymore and took me to the doctors because I didn't no what day it was and looked like a zombie. I couldn't even look after our 2 children which made me feel like failure. I have been on 20mg of citrapram from the start of May 12 and been taking them at night faithfully ever since. First few weeks were terrible didn't think I was going to survive the side affects, but here I am months on and still taken them. The reason why I have came on to this forum is because I think I have took a 'blip' as they call it and need some advice. I have been doing great and stopped the panics attacks but still sometimes get the dizzy feeling, heart beating fast, heavy breathing and numbness and pins and needles in my feet and hands. I would just love to be back to my own bubbly self agin and thought I was doing ok and then this happens. What can I do???
Hope everyone else is doing ok thanks for listening.xx

Baggs
07-01-13, 23:15
Hi Laura,
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

nomorepanic
07-01-13, 23:22
Hi LauraM8

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

LauraM8
07-01-13, 23:23
Thank I hoping so too:)

paula lynne
07-01-13, 23:40
Hi Laura, and a big welcome. Youve done really well getting to the point where your panic attacks have at least stopped, or you arent getting them as before. Ive had them 13 years. I stopped getting really bad panics, but still experience what I call the slow burn......I could be feeling fine, then suddenly feel very dizzy or faint, heart starts missing beats etc, this can go on for hours....Nothing like the sudden and very frightening panic attacks (vomit, shaking, sweating etc) I used to get, but the slow burn can go on for hours, where as a panic attack seemed to last about an hour max then it was over and I was shattered.

I think we will all have some elements of anxiety even if we recover, and I notice it is worse when I ovulate up until my period (sorry fellas). I am used to feeling like this now and the best advice I can give you is...dont dwell on it, go about your day as best you can, give your feelings/sensations "permission" to come with you....I even say out loud "Ah ok heartbeat/vertigo/whatever it is.....ok you can come with me to the shop but Im busy and really havent got time to give you any attention today".....it sounds mad but what you are doing is accepting it is there, but are NOT letting it control your day.

Try reading Susan Jeffers...Feel the fear and do it anyway...its a great read. Also on CD I believe (Ive got a tape, thats how long Ive had it hahaha).

I know its aweful feeling like this, but remind yourself these are SENSATIONS, not SYMPTOMS of some deadly disease. Keep going with your meds, they do take a good while to get fully into your system. I dont take meds myself, but I know they have been a lifesaver for many. ALL the sesations you are feeling are probably a combination of mild side effects of the Cit, and the left over sensations of anxiety....its still doing its best to control you. Dont let it. Accept them for what they are, laugh at it, and get on with your day. Your anxiety will realise very quickly that you dont want to play the game anymore, and Im sure they will lessen. I use a paper bag to help with palpatations and tingling fingers, but I know others dont. I also use lavender oil on my palms and breathe that too. Ive got bad palps now....and I dont care. Hahaha, sorry for the long post, welcome along to a great forum, you arent alone xxxx

Paula xxxxxx

paula lynne
08-01-13, 11:16
Have replied to your PM Laura x