PDA

View Full Version : new here from the states

taureanwar
08-01-13, 00:38
Hello,
My name is Taure - and I am suffering from panic attacks going back several months now. My first one sent me to the emergency room because I thought I was having a heart attack but the drs. told me that nothing was wrong physically. I came to the realization that these panic attacks would be part of my life forever.

I'm trying everything; I quit smoking, changed my diet, started yoga daily as well as the gym. I can control the thoughts and dips into mini-depression for only small amounts of time but when they return, they are harsh.

The panic attacks started as a physical/mental one-two punch; causing IBS, insomnia, and morbid thoughts. Then they gradually shifted from physical to mental and I am now just having pure thoughts of terror and fear at random times of the day.

I joined the site for a few reasons: to share my story, find others that may have the same experiences, and to talk it out when it gets too rough to handle.

Thank you for your time in reading my story,
I look forward to sharing and reaching out to one another here.

paula lynne
08-01-13, 00:43
Hi, and welcome to a great supportive forum! Its 12.42am in the Uk, so its pretty quiet.....you can go into chat in a few days, there is always someone around. Thanks for sharing your story, enjoy your stay with us :welcome:
Ps...Have you read Susan Jeffers "Feel the fear (and do it anyway)"..I recommend it x

nomorepanic
08-01-13, 00:53
Hi taureanwar

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Mark13
08-01-13, 01:00
Hello Taure and welcome to the forum.

Col
08-01-13, 09:48
:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Baggs
08-01-13, 09:53
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs