PDA

View Full Version : Recovering from Noro virus but no energy

peter34uk
08-01-13, 10:39
Hi guys,

Just wondered for those of you who have had the noro virus, after the sickness and fever has passed, are you left feeling totally flat and no energy for a few days?

I now feel totally fine other than ive got absolutely NO energy whatsoever and feel like a car running on empty. Ive never felt so weak before.

Im used to being a busy bee so this is a bit wierd for me.

I just feel weak and no energy. It takes me a while just to get up to go to the loo and i feel light when i do.

Ive started eating again this morning. Cereal. Had 2 slices of toast yesterday

Any advice much appreciated

nicola1980
08-01-13, 10:41
Hi ive not had the noro virus but ive had the flu and been bed bound for nearly 2 weeks and now i feel very flat and low and have absoutley no energy whats so ever, just look after yourself and rest xx

willous1
08-01-13, 10:48
Dont worry, I felt EXACTLY the same. So does everyone I know that's had it. The energy gets zapped out of your system completely. It took my a good couple of weeks plus and even now I still dont feel 100%. Take care. Sean

peter34uk
08-01-13, 11:00
Dont worry, I felt EXACTLY the same. So does everyone I know that's had it. The energy gets zapped out of your system completely. It took my a good couple of weeks plus and even now I still dont feel 100%. Take care. Sean

ah thanks.

The NHS sites says we supposed to be back to normal after a couple days :shrug:

I dont even think ive had it bad. No cramps or diarrhea. Just vomiting and fever which have passed.

Think im a bit dehydrated but drinking loads now and obviously hardly eaten since Saturday.

Its just this weakness and lack of energy....

willous1
08-01-13, 11:23
I think it's the fact that because of the illness, it's hard to get an appetite back. This means you don't eat then feel weak for not doing so. Its a vicious cycle. I think the NHS site is being a bit general when it say's a couple of days. I think that's how long the proper illness lasts but I can assure you that myself and others have had the lack of energy for a while afterwards. I was lightheaded aswell. I spoke to a pharmasist I know who told me what I was feeling was normal. Once I started eating again after a couple opf days I felt so much better. Just think of all the goodness that left your system etc

justina
08-01-13, 13:07
When I had it, it took me one week to get back to 100%.
I was able to work and do everything after 2 days of rest after the illness, but I felt I had no energy for one week.
It is difficult to eat again after the virus, I agree that must be why one feels so weak.