PDA

View Full Version : Hi from the Midlands

Coppernob
08-01-13, 12:14
Hi, my name is Chris and I'm very glad I've just found this website. I had my 70th birthday last year and that seemed to be the trigger for the development of anxiety and depression. I've always had health anxiety, which for 95% of my life has been well under control, with 2 or 3 episodes in the past when it got out of control and I ended up on antidepressants, but recovered and came off them with no difficulty. This time it seems far worse and the drugs are struggling to control it - I think it's because suddenly moving from my 60s to my 70s any major illness seems a possibility! I also worry that my husband will be ill, as he had a minor heart attack 4 years ago and just recently had a minor 'vascular event', yet he has always been incredibly fit and he's a bit younger than me.

What I want to do is to just make the most of the rest of my life with my wonderful family and friends - so why can't I? :wacko:

nomorepanic
08-01-13, 12:25
Hi Coppernob

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Baggs
08-01-13, 12:31
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

little scientist
08-01-13, 12:45
Hi Chris!

Welcome here from a fellow Midlands resident! Where abouts are you based? I'm Derby/Nottingham.

Little x

Mark13
08-01-13, 13:39
Hi Chris

Welcome to the forum. You've found a good place to be.

Mark