PDA

View Full Version : Ddcoo & tongue cancer update No 3

Ddcoo
08-01-13, 13:06
Hello all my lovely gang, just a quick update. Yesterday I was at hospital from 11am till 4pm firstly to see the dentist and because I now have to have radiotherapy and chemotherapy, any dental work has to be carried out 2 weeks before my treatment starts as when you have the radiotherapy it affects the gums ability to heal, so this Thursday I have to have three teeth taken out, then the next day (Friday) I have to go to Leeds hospital to have a mask made which guides where the radiotherapy beams go every time. They actually press stud the mask onto the treatment table as you are not allowed to move during the treatment. It is all sounding very scarey and I must admit I am out of my comfort zone at the moment, but no doubt when I have been a couple of times I will get used to the environment
I am pretty sure that my treatment starts at Leeds on Wed 30th January. so I will be very grateful for some support. The first session is an all day one where I am given my first dose of chemotherapy which lasts from 9 am till 4 pm, then I have my first radiotherapy treatment immediately after, so that is going to be a long hard day.

The good news is that they are still pleased with my progress from the operation and all the dressings are off my left arm, but it looks as though I have a dog bite on my wrist with raw skin and then the trail from wrist to elbow of staple marks where they took the artery from. At least I can now get in the shower without having a polythene bag on my arm.

I had a little cry this morning, the first one since I found out I had cancer, I just hope that I can find some more inner strength toget me through the 6 weeks of therapy, so all of you, I am looking forward to some flag waving please. You have all been such staunch supporters to me and I look to you to gee me on. Bless you all for helping me. Di x

swgrl09
08-01-13, 13:21
Wow, you are SO strong and amazing. Don't forget that you are allowed to cry. It does not mean you don't have inner strength as you have already demonstrated you are overflowing with it.

The mask does sound a bit scary, though I would bet you would get used to it. Can you be sedated at all for the first time?

You can do this, we are here for you. Wish I was on the other side of the ocean to give you a real hug. :bighug1:

Wolfie
08-01-13, 13:21
You are stronger than you realise, you'll find that inner strength and we will all help you find it! Thinking of you hunni!

Chris

Annie0904
08-01-13, 13:23
Sending :bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1: We will be with you all the way xxx

Magic
08-01-13, 13:41
Ddcoo, Sometimes a little cry will not hurt. for what you have gone --and going through, I think you are a very brave lady.
Sending you hugs:hugs::hugs::hugs:and hope you have a complete recoveryxx

willous1
08-01-13, 14:06
You are such an inspiration and so brave. I have not replied before but followed from the start. If I could have half the strength you did I would be soo happy. You will be fine and are strong enough to get through this next few weeks. :hugs:

ricardo
08-01-13, 14:30
Ddcoo,

you are such a remarkable lady, an inspiration to us all.I swear I think about your progress every single day .

You still seem to me so calm and assured .Cry, so what .

We are all here for you :hugs:

nicola1980
08-01-13, 14:31
Di you are such a strong person and you will get through this :hugs: you have shown immense bravery throughout and you continue to do so, sending :hugs: xxxx

Ddcoo
08-01-13, 14:31
Again thank you so much for saying that I will find the strength, it is a whirl of appointments at the moment. I am now to have a CT scan of my chest tomorrow, so that is Wed, Thu & Fri booked with hospital appointments ( as they saw on Miranda "SUCH FUN")!!

rated_r90
08-01-13, 16:01
I hope everything goes as well as possible for you Di. You are being incredibly brave! Don't be afraid to cry, it doesn't mean that you're weak.

Best of luck XXX

Katie22
08-01-13, 16:04
You sound like a very strong lady, my thoughts are with you going thro this. :hugs:xx

bluesparkle
08-01-13, 16:33
sending loads of posative thoughts your way...
you really are an inspiration :)
tears are fine...if you feel like crying do it dont hold it all in...
we are all here for you
rach
x

justina
08-01-13, 17:57
Thinking of you:flowers:

Pipkin
08-01-13, 18:02
Lots of hugs and kisses coming your way. You're doing amazingly well and you're a real inspiration.

We're always here when you need us.

Pip :hugs::hugs::hugs:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

almamatters
08-01-13, 18:10
Sending you hugs and thinking of you :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

AuntieMoosie
08-01-13, 20:58
Oh hun you're doing so well with coping with all of this and I'm so proud of you :)

You have a good cry whenever you need too hun, it's a lot better and healthier out than in so you go ahead and release it hun :)

I know you've got more to face with this, but we'll all be here willing you along and offering comfort and support along the way :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Twinsmummy
08-01-13, 22:55
I want to wish you all the best, I'm sure after a good cry you were exhausted, keeping going all this time! I wish you good strength for the next few months. Thinking of you, please keep in touch.:hugs:

Justinf
08-01-13, 23:22
Keep the fighting spirit up! You are in good hands, but don't forget to take care of yourself.
I look forward to the next update being positive news. We are all behind you.

panickyme
09-01-13, 00:32
You are truly the most amazing lady I know. You are such a trooper, bless you. Every update you post , I think to myself, she really is my hero!!!!! You have faced/and still are facing, many of my fears) I wish I was magic, and I could make all this go away for you. I am so sorry you have to go through all this. Life sometimes is just not fair, but I know you are going to get through every treatment, test, or anything they need to do, because you are one tough cookie, you have such a positive attitude, and wonderful personality, we are sooooooooooooooo lucky to have you here with us. I am so happy for you that things are healing well. Please know I think of you every day, you are always in my thoughts and prayers, and I would do anything in the world for you that I could, to make this easier for you. Good luck with all your test. Sending you many hugs!!!!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Anxious_gal
09-01-13, 00:39
Good luck with the CT scan tomorrow, hopefully it won't be too long. I'm not sure how long they take.

Sorry I really don't know what to say. :hugs:
Thanks for taking the time to keep us updated.

Elen
09-01-13, 08:09
Hi

I don't really have anything to add to all that has been said already but just wanted to show my support for you.

tc Elen