PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Cornwall

missath
08-01-13, 14:09
Hello,
I am a 30 year old female currently living in Cornwall..I suffer from GAD and was off medication for 2 years. After having moved countries, and moved home over 8 times in the last 2 years, to have finally met my boyfriend and moved back to UK, I am now back on Sertraline as off last night..
My fear of intimacy, and GAD have made me feel very vulnerable in my new relationhip as i've never known what a healthy relationship is supposed to feel like. I feel like running a lot of the time, and get panicky everytime I commit to something..Feel almost claustrophobic which I'm very good at causing all on my own..My partner loves me, accepts me with my worrying and I'm still terrified..
I started 25mg of sertraline last night again, and a little scared of the side effects over the next few weeks.Don't like them..My partner is new to all this anxiety stuff too, so I guess I feel extra worried as to how it will affect our relationship..Every argument becomes huge, as I feel everything as 'pressure' and if I'm ever criticized for something (even if small) I fall apart..I take it personally..I am hoping the medication will help me cope better with the panic that sets in and the catastrophic thinking..Last time I was on it, I had less of these catastrophic thoughts..

nomorepanic
08-01-13, 14:20
Hi missath

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Baggs
08-01-13, 15:32
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

Mark13
08-01-13, 18:55
Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm sure you find plenty of advice and support here.

Arnie365
08-01-13, 20:03
Hi and :welcome:

missath
09-01-13, 16:23
Thank you so much..3rd day of medication and felt really dizzy at work today and injured myself..Might take some time off..Found myself a new counselor too, which I hope will be suitable. Will hopefully arrange to meet her next week....I am a great believer in the right sort of therapy, as long as you learn constructive ways of dealing with stuff and continue to heal your past wounds...