PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram 20mg exhausted :'(

miss_moose
08-01-13, 15:00
MY doctor perscribed me Citalopram about 4 weeks ago, I started on 10 mg which was fine, I had no side effects but I didn't feel any different either as far as my anxiety is concerned.

A week ago I agreed to moved upto 20mg. I've been yawning alot this past week but nothing I couldn't cope with.

Yesterday was day 7 and I was exhausted all day. I missed my blood test (home visit) because I just couldn't stay awake, I felt so dizzy and tired.

Today I had a lay in, but I still feel really tired today and i'm struggling to do anything.

My husbands just got a new job working full time monday to friday so all the housework is being left to me and of course everything has to be clean and tidy when he comes home and i have to cook too. but i'm finding it so hard.

ALso, is it best to take these meds in the morning (as I am now) or before bed?

Is this normal? When will I feel better?:weep:

Steve37
08-01-13, 15:05
You'll get used to it, i take mine as soon as i wake up. I'm on 20mg.

yorkshirepudding
08-01-13, 15:58
Hi

I started Citalopram 20mg 5 weeks ago now. The last couple of weeks I too have been really tired, especially in the afternoon and find it hard to stay awake. I am putting it down to the tablets. I guess its just another side effect that should eventually go away like all the other ones I have experienced.

If you think its getting too much to deal with or continues longer than you think it should then it might be worth just mentioning it to your doctor. I have my appointment next week to review and I will be doing the same.

I know its not a definite answer for you but it looks like its a common thing.

Oh, and I take my pill with breakfast - it seems to reduce the nausea and stomach cramps I was having. Also, it doesnt seem to interfere with sleep then.

Also, Citalopram takes a while to work - 8 weeks or longer in some case so I am not surprised you felt no relief in less than 4 weeks. Read the sticky thread Citalopram guide. I found that really useful.

Good luck with it all:)