PDA

View Full Version : MRI came back ok after months of sensory symptoms!!

ElectricAlice
08-01-13, 15:33
Since a migraine in August I had been having the following symptoms:

The sensation that the left side of my face was drooping even though no physical change was apparent.

Pins and needles constantly throughout the day down the left side of my face, left arm and left leg.

A feeling of numbness.

A feeling of being 'split in two' and that the left side of my body was phantom.

A feeling of leaning to the left when walking.

Headaches & dizzy spells.

So I concluded I definitely had MS or a brain tumour or something bad!!

Turns out it's all our good friend anxiety!

I saw a neurologist and just got my MRI results back as all normal.

After the last six months of terror, I feel like I now know that anxiety can produce the strangest sensations!!

Anyone who has experienced this too, plead know anxiety can easily be the cause.

My symptoms have lessened and now only usually happen when I acknowledge them or am very stressed.

It has not been easy. At all.

But I feel progress has been made and a lesson learned.

Thank you for all your advice if you've been following my posts.

Dizzydoll
08-01-13, 15:59
I have wierd head sensatins n headaches n dizzyness, tingle feelings in face legs n arms that can happen continuously for months on end i too think i have ms...ive had a mri scan im just waitin for results x

ElectricAlice
12-01-13, 15:12
Good luck, I bet it'll be all fine :)

pAULspybeef
13-02-13, 16:29
thanks for this post - I have been in exactly the same situation. very reassuring! be well! pAUL

Poopsi
14-02-13, 00:55
This is very reassuring!! Thank u for posting this!!

RVP
14-02-13, 01:40
My symptoms are somewhat similar, although I don't get migraines I just get pressure above my right ear and sometimes my right face will feel swollen but it isn't.

pAULspybeef
15-02-13, 18:41
have you found any easing of symptoms since being told anxiety is the root cause? i get times when its not really bothersome and others when it really grinds on me!