PDA

View Full Version : New to No More Panic

Jonathan - Balham
08-01-13, 15:44
Hello, my name is Jonathan and new to the NMP site after being recommended to visit it by my CBT counsellor.
I was diagnosed with General Anxiety Disorder late last year and have been off work since last September. I'm making slow but sure progress with the help of CBT, Propanolol and a host of self help books and websites.
I attribute my condition primarily down to my Mum being diagnosed with terminal lung cancer in 2011 - she is now in palliative care.
I still struggle in using public transport but my target is to get back to work in February.
I look forward to getting to know other site members and share experiences and coping techniques.

nomorepanic
08-01-13, 15:54
Hi Jonathan - Balham

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Jen Sat
08-01-13, 16:06
Welcome Jonathon, Propranalol is great isn't it?:D Sorry about your mother that cant be easy to deal with. It is always good to have a goal to work towards, but dont be too rigid with deadlines as they could change. I also struggle with public transport, the tube mainly and listen to music or read to keep my mind off it. You are only 2 stops from me. Some days I handle it better than others and find it is my mindset that determines how my journey goes.
This site is great and you will find a lot of support here. Well done for the progress you are continuing to make.

paula lynne
08-01-13, 16:19
Hi Jonathon, welcome to a great supportive forum, glad to have you with us :welcome:

buttonnose47
08-01-13, 16:23
Hi Johnathon hope you find support here, i joined a few days ago and its made me realise how many of us do suffer out there.

almamatters
08-01-13, 16:31
Hi Jonathon and :welcome: to the site. Hope you find it as helpful and supportive as I do.

Jonathan - Balham
08-01-13, 18:28
Welcome Jonathon, Propranalol is great isn't it?:D Sorry about your mother that cant be easy to deal with. It is always good to have a goal to work towards, but dont be too rigid with deadlines as they could change. I also struggle with public transport, the tube mainly and listen to music or read to keep my mind off it. You are only 2 stops from me. Some days I handle it better than others and find it is my mindset that determines how my journey goes.
This site is great and you will find a lot of support here. Well done for the progress you are continuing to make.

Thank you for your kind message Jen

Mark13
08-01-13, 18:45
Welcome to the forum, Jonathan.

Sparkle1984
08-01-13, 19:57
Welcome to the forums, Jonathan. It sounds like you are making good progress so far. :)

Arnie365
08-01-13, 20:00
Welcome to NMP