PDA

View Full Version : I need meds, or a new brain

Colin44
08-01-13, 18:04
Struggling to cope after over 2 years off medicines, convinced my lungs are not right, or my heart, and getting strange visions in my left eye.

It could all be nothing but the physical symptons are present. I've also had a pain done my right side for over 6 weeks and the doctors haven't taken it further, I'm going to see if an ultra sound can be arranged. This has got me worried about my liver too.

Feel like I'm falling apart, its got to the stage where I feel like giving up my job as I'm getting alot of panic attacks to throw into the mix. Kalms tablets seem to do nothing for me.

Just wish I could feel better. Not sure if the doctor will give me anything, but I need something to suppress the worry.

ecila92
08-01-13, 21:25
Maybe go back on the meds?

---------- Post added at 21:25 ---------- Previous post was at 21:23 ----------

I was offered anti depressents and CBT, didn't stay on the anti depressents as I felt worse and CBT did wonders but only kinda works as a temporary thing.

Colin44
08-01-13, 21:55
I'm really struggling, pains in my lungs and side tonight are quite bad! Almost ready to call NHS24, going out my mind

ecila92
09-01-13, 13:13
Go to your doctor and tell them exactly what the problem is and I can guarantee you'll feel so much better. I've also got pains in my side which bother me a lot, but I figured the more I'm thinking about it the less likely it is to go because if you wake up in the morning and expect it to be there, it will. I understand how you feel and do sympathies with you, but my only advice is to go to the doctors and maybe they can offer you some professional help. Take care

Colin44
09-01-13, 18:13
Didnt really think the doctor put me fully at rest, got an emergency app today as my panic attacks have been quite bad recently.

Still got my own doctor to see next week, however I've been given propranolol to take to try calm me down in the short term.

ecila92
10-01-13, 22:15
I was on propranolol which I found really helpful and it did relax me, I did it along with CBT which helped more!

Colin44
10-01-13, 22:20
Did ask for CBT but he pretty much refused me on the spot. Well saying he's not my regular doc.