PDA

View Full Version : Brown spots on scalp - PLEASE help!

twinflame94
08-01-13, 18:19
I have brown spots on my scalp. They're not bumps, they're just flat brown spots. My head has been extremely itchy as well, and sometimes burning sensations. Please help me!! :(

Pic attached:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2ebv02c.jpg

swgrl09
08-01-13, 18:36
Are they just birth marks you didn't notice before?

I used to have something called cradle cap because it was more common in babies ... my scalp would get brown patches of skin that would peel off (sounds gross) ... i used a dandruff shampoo for a while and thin-toothed comb and it went away.

Mark13
08-01-13, 18:44
Do you have any red / brown spots or areas elsewhere, especially round the nose?

If so it could be seborrheic dermatitis (mild form, it's something I have that flares up now and then). It's an adult version of cradle cap.

T/Gel shampoo worked for me.

twinflame94
08-01-13, 19:48
I was told that the one by my ear in the pic looks like a normal mole.. But I thought it was weird to find out that moles grow right on your scalp, although I know anything is possible. Then there was this spot on top of my head. Was told it looks like a sore spot/pimple like, although it's not a pimple bc it has no head on it. My hair Is flaky, dandruff is falling off when I shake my hair up by the scalp. So could it be from the weather? Idk. x:

---------- Post added at 19:48 ---------- Previous post was at 19:20 ----------

??

swgrl09
09-01-13, 15:14
i have moles on my scalp, so does my fiance. i think we just notice them less because they are covered by hair. dandruff can be from anything really. try using t/gel, i have used it too and it helped a lot. i also get pimples on my scalp too. it could be an ingrown hair too.