PDA

View Full Version : Trazodone Withdrawal

Richy rich
08-01-13, 20:01
I am currently taking 300mg of Trazodone, at night, and 28mg of diazepam in 4 doses of 7mg each. The GP is happy with the diazepam as he says psychology can help get me off them.

I am desparate to get off the Trazodone as the side effects are really affecting me:

Unable to eat - I'm on liquid supliments only at the moment e.g. Nestle Supligen - since before christmas - rarely able to eat anything solid
Headaches
Exhaustion
Low mood
Depression worse
Anxiety increased
irritable
I am looking for ways to come off this drug. I currently don't have a psychiatrist or Recovery Coordinator as am on waiting lists. I have no confidence in my GP as they say I have to make myself eat when I try I feel sick and start reaching.

I only have 100mg of the Trazodone, so was planning on going to 200mg tonight for a week, then 100mg the following week and then hopefully 0mg from then on. I am tempted with increasing the diazepam to help with side effects, but have no idea how I'll respond or how safe it is. I've read one can take up to 40mg a day.

I've tried so many types of medication SSRI's. SNRI's etc. and I've reacted to them all that I think I need to look at alternatives.

I have been signed off work since June 2012 and told I won't be allowed back until I've see a psychiatrist which looks like an 18 month wait to be seen, so I'm trying to heal myself starting with coming off the Trazodone.

Any suggestions most welcome. I'm very scared of the possible side effects, but feel nothing could be as bad as what I'm feeling now.:scared15:

Thanks

Rich

PS had a reply asking how long I had been on the Trazodone and it was started in Hospital mid November, so long enough for it to have started working, but also long enough for the body to reject it.

nomorepanic
08-01-13, 20:13
Hi Richy rich

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.