PDA

View Full Version : heart beating hard after eating

Gogspurs
08-01-13, 22:04
Hi

I have had heart anxiety for about 3 months now and my symptoms continue to change. I have had numerous ECG's, a 24-hour ECG, an echocardiagram and lots of blood test which have all been normal.

I had all these checks done as I was experiencing pains in my chest and down my left arm. I was also experiencing twinges and panic attacks which have both stopped now.

These have now been replaced by a very heavy, hard heart beat especially after eating, which cause vibrations in the back of my head, in my chest and down my left side even when I am not stressed or panicy. My tinnitus, which I have had for 2.5 years has got worse recently.

These recent symptoms have all come to light after all the tests I have had in the past 3 months which make me feel that this is a new problem and that I should get checked out again.

Some advice would be great from anyone.

kittikat
08-01-13, 23:23
Anxiety of any sort can cause many physical symptoms even if you are not experiencing stress or panic. You are obviously sub consciously worrying which would give you some of the symptoms you describe.

Perhaps after eating, you are getting slight indegestion and this worries you and so the palps start, like a vicious circle if you like. Tinnitus can also be made worse by anxiety.

Have another chat with your GP if you are still worried. The more you worry the worse your anxiety will become , even if you don't feel really anxious right now, you could still be experiencing the physical symptoms of anxiety.

Take care, Kitti :)

Gogspurs
08-01-13, 23:54
Thanks for the reassurance Kitti,

I hope that the palps are related to anxiety. You are right that even though I am not stressing or having attacks, I am continuously worrying about it.

Thanks again

George

kittikat
09-01-13, 00:14
No problem :) I get palps a lot and also have high blood pressure which worried me big time. Now I understand more about my anxiety and the physical symptoms, I worry less. When I get palps, I just tell myself it's ok, it won't harm me. Takes some practice but I am starting to believe it all now...like I said, vicious circle of worry.

I hope it all works out ok for you, I'm sure it will :yesyes: Take care, Kitti.

Arnie365
09-01-13, 05:23
Hi gogspurs with health anxiety you are just more tuned in to to your body. When I'm resting I can often feel my heart beating quite hard. Before my anxiety I don't remember feeling it as much as I do now so I think sub consciously I'm searching for it to reassure me its beating normally as I've made myself stop checking my pulse because checking has a negative effect.

Focus on the positive. You've been tested and your heart is fine! It's now anxiety you need to deal with and the sooner you accept it's 'just' anxiety the better. My chest pains got a lot less once this acceptance was made.