PDA

View Full Version : constant anxiety

trigrodge
08-01-13, 23:18
hi all,
just looking for some reassurance, i am continually anxious that something terrible is just about to happen and ill die, i have to battle my thoughts all day just to stay in check i also have a fear of looking at the sky and stars ets it makes me feel terribly vunerable anyone else get this?
kindest regards
leigh :bighug1:

wazza
08-01-13, 23:41
anxiety is awful. i do feelkie im going to die everytime is sneaks up on me. you will not die , nobody has ever died of anxiety. Dont look up... it gives me vertigo. if u want to look at the stars, lye on the lawn. i do. take care:welcome:

Anxious_gal
09-01-13, 00:30
Yeah I get days/weeks like that too.
It's so exhausting feeling tense, being worried, being afraid of every little thing, not being able to sleep or even being afraid to sleep.

---------- Post added at 00:30 ---------- Previous post was at 00:29 ----------

yeah looking up at the stars can make you dizzy, or you can get scared because we are on this teeny tiny planet and well it makes you feel vulnerable.

Justmeuk
09-01-13, 02:34
I really sympathise with you cus i know exactly how u feel. My only advice is get some diazepam for when the anxiety gets unbearable and the rest of the time you must really make an consious effort to Try n rationalise with yourself. I know how hard it is, cus i battle with it 24/7 n its exhausting. So if anythin i hope this message gives u some reassurance that your not alone xxx

trigrodge
09-01-13, 07:15
thank you for the kind replies,
its bloody exhausting having to argue with yourself all day,
regards
leigh :bighug1:

jackie13
09-01-13, 07:38
Hi Guys

I am anxious quite a lot just going through a blip:(

My worst thoughts when it happens are "what if I hurt myself or my hubby and my animals, what if I feel like this forever I won't be able to cope"

I am currently studying the CBT4 Panic I try and do it everyday, I also make myself go to work as I worry that if I stop it will be down hill for me. I can't wait, think that's the problem, until I stop feeling like this and my work as worked!

Big hugs
Jackie xx

Col
09-01-13, 10:17
Trig, hi, sorry your feeling like this.

Ohhh I've felt dodge since December, with all bugs - don't know if it's because we've been unwell colds etc, but panic makes me physically unwell anyway, so never sure. Horrible horrible!!!!!

I'm an absolute astronomy and cosmology fan ~ sorry!

But having said that , I can understand looking at the sky and thinking about the vastness of the universe , is overwhelming to say the least.

I just find it beautiful and mesmerizing. Why not get a telescope it might change your feelings about it & become a hobby. Think of it like this, you might seem small and voluneranle but, we are part of the universe not a separate entity.